Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Practice/Puck About Area ?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Heading over to Galway in the next couple of weeks for my annual mini break visit.

My young lad (12) is big into his hurling now and look for somewhere for us to go and have a puck about for a while during the day or evening

Anywhere suitable round the city or surrounding areas where we can have a puck about in peace and not cause any hassle for any others around ?

I know we can head out to the beaches etc, just maybe looking for a local public field or area where it wont cause any hassle to anyone.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Plots pitch just at the start of the Dyke Road. Its not used by clubs just groups the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

the swamp down by the claddagh or up in wel park open space there or the pitches in renmore a lot of groups use it openly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

There are pitches in Westside where the Thomas Hynes and Siobhan McKenna roads intersect, as well as the St Michaels pitches further down next to Dunnes.

There's also loads of green space if you walk from the Claddagh down toward the water. I think it's called South Park although it's not as much craic as the 2D one in Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Great stuff, thanks a lot to all of you for your replies.

Not sure of those areas, will check them out on some maps later

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said above, Swamp/South Park/Claddagh Park is good, close to city and has some parking close.
    https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Claddagh+Park+Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Theres an indoor arena called Pure Skill in knocknacarra area that caters for a few different sports and its good crack.Might be an idea if the weather turns for the worse.

Advertisement