Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure World Athlone

Options
  • 01-08-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

4 of us were in Athlone for a game of bowls for an hour yesterday, had 1 game completed and were on the second game starting the 10th and final go each when our hour had finished, the warning had been up but out of good will and the fact there was only one other lane being used i think they could have let us finish the game, 3 to 4 min max.

I thought 30 euro an hour was a bit steep for midweek as well.

Has anyone any opinions about this place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Are bowling centres not all automatic? I have certainly never got a goodwill extra time.
    And €30 is expensive but typical of an hours bowling in Ireland I think. I could be wrong, it has been a number of years since I last went bowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

It's actually 36 euro for an hour (on the signs), so you got 6 euro off. The time is automated on the computer, if you had asked I'm sure the guy would have let you finish off the round.

If I remember correctly, it used to be a good bit more for the hour, at least 40, but it was almost 2 years ago since I was last in the Leisure Centre. Was in Galway recently bowling and it was 30ph midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Another thing people haven't mentioned, is that Leisure World is a dive of a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Another thing people haven't mentioned, is that Leisure World is a dive of a spot

Yes, it is!!

The owners obviously aren't planning on sticking around too long as it's getting into a bit of a state of disrepair.

I still like bringing the kids there when it's quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

tubos wrote: »
    Yes, it is!!

The owners obviously aren't planning on sticking around too long as it's getting into a bit of a state of disrepair.

I still like bringing the kids there when it's quiet!

That's an awful pity, Leisure World was a great job when it opened first, was the only place of it's type around. Many an hour of my teens were wasted in that place, as well as bowling nights when I was in AIT where you bought a pint and got a free game of bowling. Are they still doing that promo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement