Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on selling/packaging old hardware

Options
  • 01-08-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi, first off this isn't a thread hawking stuff I'm selling so spare me the banhammer!

I was dismantling my PC the other day as I'm selling off most of the components and putting the cash towards a new build. I'm not a novice by any stretch but this is the first time I've done a complete build on my lonesome apart from installing certain compenents. A few questions:

- The motherboard mounting screws and risers. Are they included with the motherboard usually or the case? When I'm selling them I don't want to leave someone in the lurch.

- Tha HDD and optical drive caddies. Again keep them with their respective devices or sell them with the case?

- I've lost a lot of faith in eBay as they seem to unfairly side with the buyer in a lot of dispute cases and they take too much commission. I'm sure most of you lads have bought/sold stuff on adverts.ie. Would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Hi, first off this isn't a thread hawking stuff I'm selling so spare me the banhammer!

I was dismantling my PC the other day as I'm selling off most of the components and putting the cash towards a new build. I'm not a novice by any stretch but this is the first time I've done a complete build on my lonesome apart from installing certain compenents. A few questions:

- The motherboard mounting screws and risers. Are they included with the motherboard usually or the case? When I'm selling them I don't want to leave someone in the lurch.

- Tha HDD and optical drive caddies. Again keep them with their respective devices or sell them with the case?

- I've lost a lot of faith in eBay as they seem to unfairly side with the buyer in a lot of dispute cases and they take too much commission. I'm sure most of you lads have bought/sold stuff on adverts.ie. Would you recommend it?

The screws, risers and caddies go with the case.
    I only ever buy/sell stuff on adverts. I find it very useful and have never had any issues on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Much appreciated, sir! Thank you.

Advertisement