Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polocrosse Club in Kildare - Anyone Interested?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone interested in starting a Polocrosse Club in Kildare? Am interested in starting one just need to see if the local interest is there. Need 6 people to start. Will have the full support of the Irish Polocrosse Association who will help with coaching etc. All manner and size and description of horses/ponies can do it, it very much depends on how suited your animal is to the game. Just need to spend time training the animals to get used to the ball and racquet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Hi

I tried polo before and loved it. Where were you thinking of having training etc? I'm dependent on someone to drive me around at the moment until I get to grips with pulling a box. I have a 15hher who might suit it. I'm just not sure I'd have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BostonRose

Hi Heydeldel thanks for your reply - sorry for delayed response.

Will keep you posted with any activity that might happen on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darling4500

I'm interested in playing when and where is it on I used to play

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am assessing the interest to try and get a club going even though I would prefer to just join one myself in Kildare- I only got one other "interested" reply to the post! Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darling4500

I would love to just join somewhere myself, I still have my racquet and used to pay in carrickmines and had a horse there but it looks like wicklow bay is the nearest, it's quite far but i have heard good things i live near swords and was in a nice jumping yard, kilronan, they are very nice but much prefer the polocrosse, maybe one of the clubs will spark some interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement