Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Out of Office message on work phone

Options
  • 01-08-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi guys, we have an Eircom Broadlink 3200 phone in work. Our office is closing for holidays next week and I tried to hook up a Digital Answering Machine to our main reception phone but it wouldn't work even though I appeared to do everything right! It may have something to do with the fact that the phone has two incoming numbers with two hunting lines, I'm not sure.

I then thought I would try to divert the calls to an ordinary land line at our other office and I would try hooking the answering machine up to this but the divert wouldn't work, even though I followed the instructions in the user manual and the phone display stated "divert set". It's very annoying!!

Decided to ring Eircom Business Customer Care Centre then and ask them was there any way they could assist in setting up an out of office message on the phone etc and they said that they could and that someone would have to ring me to talk me through how to do it but this conversation would be at a rate of €100 per hour!! The guy I spoke to this morning didn't have the best English and if someone like that rings me, it could take quite a while to be talked through the procedure and my boss isn't that pleased about having to fork out about €70 or €80 for a basic out-of-office message.

Have you any suggestions about what I could do to solve the problem? I need to have it set up by Friday evening. Any help much appreciated, thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TNS Radio

I'd be interested in hearing if you find a solution to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi guys, we have an Eircom Broadlink 3200 phone in work. Our office is closing for holidays next week and I tried to hook up a Digital Answering Machine to our main reception phone but it wouldn't work even though I appeared to do everything right! It may have something to do with the fact that the phone has two incoming numbers with two hunting lines, I'm not sure.

I then thought I would try to divert the calls to an ordinary land line at our other office and I would try hooking the answering machine up to this but the divert wouldn't work, even though I followed the instructions in the user manual and the phone display stated "divert set". It's very annoying!!

Decided to ring Eircom Business Customer Care Centre then and ask them was there any way they could assist in setting up an out of office message on the phone etc and they said that they could and that someone would have to ring me to talk me through how to do it but this conversation would be at a rate of €100 per hour!! The guy I spoke to this morning didn't have the best English and if someone like that rings me, it could take quite a while to be talked through the procedure and my boss isn't that pleased about having to fork out about €70 or €80 for a basic out-of-office message.

Have you any suggestions about what I could do to solve the problem? I need to have it set up by Friday evening. Any help much appreciated, thanks. :)

It sounds like we should be able to help you if this is a standard phoneline setup.

Either, we can place an automated 'while away' voice message on the phoneline itself or a phone number re-direct could be setup. The cost here would not be much.

Like all phoneline, or Internet, providers there would generally be a standard charge for a business 'Technical Call'. This is not unique and is applied for all 'technical setups' ; as it may involve configuration of hardware as well as 3rd party software. You should however contact your actual phone-set vendor (or manufacturer) for support in the first instance.

If you Private Message your phone number and details of your phone setup, I will try to advise further.

Thanks,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Hi Ant, thanks for responding so quickly. After speaking to my boss we've decided to get the voicemail installed on the system through yourselves, the cost is minimal in fairness considering it's a once off payment and the system can then be used again and again. I am currently awaiting a call from Eircom to set it up. Thanks again for your response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Ant, thanks for responding so quickly. After speaking to my boss we've decided to get the voicemail installed on the system through yourselves, the cost is minimal in fairness considering it's a once off payment and the system can then be used again and again. I am currently awaiting a call from Eircom to set it up. Thanks again for your response.

Thanks ComfyKnickers

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ECD

We are having problems with our Broadlink 3200 voice messaging service also. each time we enter the system it states it is invalid.
    Has anyone come up with this problem before.

thanks Help. can't set up our voice mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi ECD

For support and assistance in relation to your broadlink system please contact 1850567567 (option 2).

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ECD

Hi Al thanks for the reply I got a different number a moment ago when I found the online assistance for Eircom 1890 260260 which number should I call ?
    Thanks ECD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi ECD

You are welcome, 1890260260 is the number for broadband technical support. It would be best to call 1850567567 (option 2) in relation to this issue.

Regards

Al

Advertisement