Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of receipt FCA1

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but still have a question.

I applied for another license last week and got a letter of receipt with a correspondence number from the super today, basically telling me it is being processed.

Already have a few firearms and have never received one of these before, also rang a few friends and they never received them either.

Is this a new thing? Last time I submitted was for a renewal, I got nothing and 9 months of waiting but that was around the time of the implementation of the new system.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and to advise me.

safe shooting.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You should have gotten one for every license applied for. It is standard protocol. The process goes;
    • Apply for license
    • Get receipt letter
    • Receive grant letter (receive license in case of substitution)
    • Receive license.

It's normal procedure. The Father got a receipt letter only two days ago for the first of his renewals. It usually means the license/grant letter is not far behind.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Ezridax wrote: »
    You should have gotten one for every license applied for. It is standard protocol. The process goes;
    • Apply for license
    • Get receipt letter
    • Receive grant letter (receive license in case of substitution)
    • Receive license.

It's normal procedure. The Father got a receipt letter only two days ago for the first of his renewals. It usually means the license/grant letter is not far behind.

Thanks a million Ezridax,

I just wasnt sure as I never had one before.

If its a sign that the grant letter is coming, happy days as I am on a few weeks holidays and wouldnt mind being able to get out for a few shots! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Thanks a million Ezridax,

I just wasnt sure as I never had one before.

If its a sign that the grant letter is coming, happy days as I am on a few weeks holidays and wouldnt mind being able to get out for a few shots! :)

I never got one for my 2 licences or neither did 3 of the other lads who all applied within the last 9 months.

The first I heard of it been with the super was when I got the granted letters.

Seems not all stations or supers send out that letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

One letter of receipt arrived after the license confirmation. Usually the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

cheers lads

I am just glad that its being processed.

It would be the fastest license I have ever got if it arrives soon as I only submitted last Friday.

Fingers crossed I will be successful and get it soon.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement