Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding wireless device to wired alarm

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Currently have a HKC alarm (8 zone).

I have just installed a shed in the back garden and want to add this to the house alarm.

I have no power to the shed which is about 30m from the HKC panel.

As it’s a wired alarm and all 8 zones are used up, my intention is to add a wireless PIR in series with one or the zones and install this PIR into the shed.

Would someone be able to tell me what my options are here, with regards to what hardware I would need to get.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I don't know if the aritech sensors would have enough range to cover this :P
    Would there be a chance of running a wire to the shed ? If you did this you could use an ID PIR sensor in the shed and also swap a sensor in the house on its own zone to an ID sensor . This way you can give the zones their own names ie hall beam and shed beam .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Thanks but don't have the option of running a wire at present. Just paced it out there and it's actually 23m. Is there any hardware available at this range.

Cheers

Thanks but don't have the option of running a wire at present. Just paced it out there and it's actually 23m. Is there any hardware available at this range.

Cheers

I think an 868mhz sensor and quick bridge would work .
    I know the HKC gear would easily cover this but as far as I know they don't make a quick bridge .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

I think an 868mhz sensor and quick bridge would work .
    I know the HKC gear would easily cover this but as far as I know they don't make a quick bridge .

could you recommend what type of 868mhz sensor and quick bridge to get?

Many thanks

I would give condor security a shout or any of the other suppliers . They will look after you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

could you recommend what type of 868mhz sensor and quick bridge to get?

Many thanks

Risco have a quick bridge, it is called a nova receiver. REW sell these along with the sensors to go with it. All you need is free zones on the control panel.

Advertisement