Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag of Farmyard Manure full of rubbish?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I've been doing a bit in the garden and on opening a bag of farmyard manure it was full of yoghurt cartons, sweet wrappers and most importantly broken glass, this can't be normal? It's a commercial branded product, and yes I did cut my finger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I've been doing a bit in the garden and on opening a bag of farmyard manure it was full of yoghurt cartons, sweet wrappers and most importantly broken glass, this can't be normal? It's a commercial branded product, and yes I did cut my finger.

Nope, most likely someone mistakenly mixed in the rubbish bag. Did you contact the supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just human error, I'd say. Contact them and they'll probably send out a replacement asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Yeh accidents happen.

Thanks I'll do that, it was 95% a fine black soil, I potted a slightly neglected tomato plant with it to try coax it back, will that be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Yeh accidents happen.

Thanks I'll do that, it was 95% a fine black soil, I potted a slightly neglected tomato plant with it to try coax it back, will that be ok?

Slight difference between posts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Yous know what I mean though, it's surely not normal to mix crap through it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Well in the UK cheap compost usually has bits of things in it because its just garden waste from the councils and some people don't care what they throw in the bins.
    That's why I try to avoid putting rocks or any litter in with plant material in the garden waste bin because I might buy it back as compost one day. ;)
    I think I'll try and get a few old pallets and knock together a compost heap this weekend. Buying in all this compost is getting expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Yous know what I mean though, it's surely not normal to mix crap through it?

Well I'd guess that they just collect it from farms and that somewhere along the line some farmer has just put some rubbish beside it and it's been taken with it by mistake. I suppose you were just unlucky.
    It must have mixed in during bagging which I think would be automated, so you're probably not the only one.

Advertisement