Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be Sure To Check Your Lotto Numbers Yourself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Lollers wrote: »
    I wonder how many of have been stung by this and not realised ?. You hand your lotto ticket over to the sales assistant, and it's checked by them without you seeing.

If you play Lotto on-line they notify you directly.

Got very excited by an email this morning "concerning [my] Lotto account" and a mild heart attack and flash dreams of winning €75million in the Euromillion until a nanosecond later I realised I'd won €3.

For that brief moment though I was living it large and jaysus it was only great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Anytime I get my ticket checked in the shop I always ask for it back just in case.
    Then I check it again myself about ten times because I'm always full sure I'm gonna win. Never happens :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Lotto is a tax on idiots anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

g'em wrote: »

For that brief moment though I was living it large and jaysus it was only great craic.

Oh, reminds me of that feeling when you're a kid, you have just got the largest creamiest ice-cream from the shop. You're salivating about to take huge lick, when suddenly it falls on the ground. And all you're left with is a puddle of dissolved dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Stupid phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Lollers wrote: »
    Oh, reminds me of that feeling when you're a kid, you have just got the largest creamiest ice-cream from the shop. You're salivating about to take huge lick, when suddenly it falls on the ground. And all you're left with a puddle of dissolved dreams.

And gravel in your mouth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/300x/68999.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dean09 wrote: »
    Stupid phrase.

I see you haven't turned your sarcasm detector on today... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Dean09 wrote: »
    Anytime I get my ticket checked in the shop I always ask for it back just in case.
    Then I check it again myself about ten times because I'm always full sure I'm gonna win. Never happens :(

I input the numbers into the online checker, then I look up the winning numbers and check it myself, then put it in my purse with the intention of check it at those scan machines but I rarely get that far and just accept I'm not a winner :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Can't blame a guy for trying! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You just can't trust those thieving b*stards.

Shopkeepers. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

IYHO what does "living in the country" with all the taxes fall under? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

My next door neighbor won €1896 in it when she checked it yesterday. Wasn't too shabby, she doesn't normally do it and just picked up one by chance, and wasn't even going to check it only it was in her pocket crumpled up when she was getting out her money!

Advertisement