Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Shed - Buy or Build

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all

I'm looking for a cheap cheap garden shed. Mainly for herself and her sewing machine and somewhere for me to store a few bits and pieces. I need something small enough - maybe 8 foot long, 6 foot wide - as I said, not going to be putting much in there.

Doesn't need to be insulated, doesn't even really need a window. If it's at all possible, I would be able to take it apart to move it (since I'm renting).

Everything I've seen online is around the €300 - €400 mark. I was thinking about getting some sheets of corrugated PVC and just lashing them together, make a few cuts on one piece and stick it on a hinge as a door. That way when I move, I can just unscrew the sheets, stack them and move them. Looking online, I could probably get the materials for about €100 or €150.

Anyone got any other ideas or want to point out any obvious problems I'm missing?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi all

I'm looking for a cheap cheap garden shed. Mainly for herself and her sewing machine and somewhere for me to store a few bits and pieces. I need something small enough - maybe 8 foot long, 6 foot wide - as I said, not going to be putting much in there.

Doesn't need to be insulated, doesn't even really need a window. If it's at all possible, I would be able to take it apart to move it (since I'm renting).

Everything I've seen online is around the €300 - €400 mark. I was thinking about getting some sheets of corrugated PVC and just lashing them together, make a few cuts on one piece and stick it on a hinge as a door. That way when I move, I can just unscrew the sheets, stack them and move them. Looking online, I could probably get the materials for about €100 or €150.

Anyone got any other ideas or want to point out any obvious problems I'm missing?

Cheers

See my post with pictures.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79859895&postcount=5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭rje66

Corrugated shed will prob hav an issue with condensation. resulting in lots of drips.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Born To Be Mild

rje66 wrote: »
    Corrugated shed will prob hav an issue with condensation. resulting in lots of drips.

Cheers for that - didn't think about that at all.

@paddy147 - That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Will have to keep an eye out for them. Hopefully they've come down in price a good bit since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Keep an eye out on adverts.ie and donedeal ...

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/home-garden/sheds-storage/170/

Advertisement