Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy Beef Noodles

Options
  • 01-08-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me with a recipe to make the Spicy beef beef noodles from Donnybrook Fair (stillorgan) or give me a similar recipe. I know the basic ingredients are beef, egg noodles, onion, carrot, mushrooms, pepper, peas, sweetcorn, bamboo shoots and water chestnut. I have no idea what sauce they used so I am looking for a recipe for something similar. Also, any idea what type of beef they use, or what would you use yourself if stirfying? It is quite tender (and coated in a spice I think) but I can't imagine they use a prime cut so I presume it is precooked in some way or tenderised?
    Every time I have made a beef stirfry I have either cooked a fillet and plonked it on top to cut yourself, or my cheaper beef has turned out tough, even though stir frying is supposed to be fried quickly:o.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The beef in chinese cookery is usually cut across the grain, this makes the meat tender as you don't have long muscle fibres only very short pieces.
    if you have trouble cutting it finely, stick it in the freezer for a while until almost frozen then slice it across the grain with a very sharp knife 3mm thick or so.
    You need to cook it very quickly and in very small quantities on a very high heat.
    The taste of stirfry is the almost smoky taste where the outside of the veg and meat is caramelised and the inside is still crunchy.
    I hae seen countless times where a huge wokful of noodles and veg is slowly stirred into pulp while it boils away on a hob, thats not stirfry.

Advertisement