Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous fishing

Options
  • 01-08-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Was flickin through the tele and came across bass fishing and was disgusted at the way these lads fish they have all this gear and making a fortune out of fishing which is fair play of your good at it but the way the fish are hooked you would swear they are hookin into a tope the rod is swung up in the air and the fish is basically water skiing into the boat and has to be causing damage to the fish mouth
    Anyone else agree or am I on my own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

What program are you referring to?
    I do agree in principle though, fish generally aren't treated as well as they could be, from things as simple as letting them recouperate in the net for a few sceonds before unhooking/protographing etc. to having them flapping around on rocky shorelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Yes I agree the fish are treated badly only because it's a race against time and there is a lot of money at stake ....

It's exactly the same story in Fly fishing competitions .... fish are pulled out of the water with no manner, measured and thrown back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭keyser2012

Was flickin through the tele and came across bass fishing and was disgusted at the way these lads fish they have all this gear and making a fortune out of fishing which is fair play of your good at it but the way the fish are hooked you would swear they are hookin into a tope the rod is swung up in the air and the fish is basically water skiing into the boat and has to be causing damage to the fish mouth
    Anyone else agree or am I on my own?

who cares what a fish is treated like, i sure dont . you have to much time on your hands worrying about something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

The US Bass Angling competitions on Sky?

saw that myself and thought the same thing, but unlike our bass they don't seem to be in short supply, and catch and release doesn't seem to be an issue either. With $100K+ on offer, I guess I'm not too shocked to see them not want to miss landing any fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

keyser2012 wrote: »
    who cares what a fish is treated like, i sure dont .

That's an outrageous attitude for any angler to have.

It's a long long time since I've seen such an ignorant statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Bizzum wrote: »
    That's an outrageous attitude for any angler to have.

It's a long long time since I've seen such an ignorant statement.
    i would like to think he/she/it is NOT an angler!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

agh come on guys, obvious troll is obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭keyser2012

I love my fishing but wouldnt lose to much sleep over worrying about one thou

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

who cares what a fish is treated like, i sure dont .

Your a tool, simple as that.
    Thats the attitude of a fisherman out for himself, not a Angler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

[?

who cares what a fish is treated like, i sure dont . you have to much time on your hands worrying about something like this[/Quote]
    Think you need to hang up your rod and may aswell go onto the lakes rivers and canals as with that attitude towards fishing you may aswell be a ****ing poacher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

you know what they say about trolls folks? ... don't feed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Any man fishing with a rod and line is allowed to keep fish its the law, (within catch limits) i love to cook my fish and when mackerel fishing i keep all the fish and deep freeze them for bait fishing... I certainly think that fishing is gone about who has the biggest most expensive rod... Its unthinkable to me that anglers don't cook there own fish but obviously people don't care about that side of it... As with regard to treating of fish, if for example worm fishing for salmon, mighty care has to be concerned for salmon smolts etc.....

Dont i do really think that people are fishing now to have the most expensive lures and the biggest rod between there legs, instead of observing whats around them like the mountains and the beauty of nature...

Advertisement