Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Job after Maternity Leave

Options
  • 01-08-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm leaving my job after maternity leave as they cannot cater for me to return part time. I was due my holiday pay as agreed about 3 weeks ago but they are delaying this. I was never given an employment contract and have given notice in writing of me not returning. I'm very worried that I wont receive what I am due although I have it in emails that my holiday pay is due. Anyone able to give me any advice or been in the same situation? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would say, wait until you would have actually returned to work.

So lats say your last maternity payment was the 28th of July and you are paid weekly that means you'e expect to get paid you holiday money around Friday the 10th. This is based on the payroll person putting you in for holiday money on Tuesday the 7th of August. this is the way it works where I work.

Also they may be reviewing your holidays and public holidays to see what you're owed.

All you can do is stay in touch with them and if it takes way too long ask for your P45, all your payments will have to be paid before this. You can sign on while waiting for your P45, but thye will need it ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

As regards OP signing on as she will have left her job of her own accord she could be disqualified for up to 9 weeks and would also have to demonstrate that she is looking for full time work.

Advertisement