Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC only answer 1908 to potential customers

Options
  • 01-08-2012 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Try it for yourself, every time I call that number I get a we're sorry due to a techical fault we can not answer your call at this time, however if I hide my caller id or use a phone they dont have registered you'll get through straight away,my theory is any number they dont have is a potential sale and any number they do have registered is just calling to complain or cancel, very shady behaviour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

In all honesty with UPC - apart from their incompetent billing department I've always found them excellent. Probably is that they just have a tech issue with certain departments. I suspect the sales line is better backed up - fair enough thats a bit crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Try it for yourself, every time I call that number I get a we're sorry due to a techical fault we can not answer your call at this time, however if I hide my caller id or use a phone they dont have registered you'll get through straight away,my theory is any number they dont have is a potential sale and any number they do have registered is just calling to complain or cancel, very shady behaviour

Not the case for me. They answer and with my number they know my account details

Never had a problem getting through, hate to blow your theory out of the water but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You could be a customer calling to upgrade your package and hence spend more money with them. I think it's just bad luck, not a conspiracy on the part of UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm a UPC customer and I've never had any trouble getting through to 1908.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I had this exact problem calling UPC from a 3Ireland number.
    Every time I rang 1908 I'd receive the same recorded message - "Due to a techical fault ..." etc

I emailed UPC and I received a phone call within about an hour to say they were investigating the issue. A few hours later I got a call back to say it should now be fixed. Tried calling and sure enough I got through no problems.

OP, just fire them an email from their website, including the number your calling from. Let them know there's an issue and they might surprise you and fix the problem!

• Advertisement

Ah 3 yes me too! Sorry OP should have clocked that it might be that.

Thats 3 not UPC

Ah 3 yes me too! Sorry OP should have clocked that it might be that.

Thats 3 not UPC

I'm 3... Are you prepay or billpay? I'm prepay

prepay... you? Do you get the same issue?

prepay... you? Do you get the same issue?

no, tried it just now too... its fine

You're right! I wonder if its an intermittent thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a routing problem common with digital telephone systems. My office phone rings and as soon as I pick up for internal calls it disconnects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

every time I call that number I get a we're sorry due to a techical fault we can not answer your call at this time

There probably just busy with complaints. Normally takes me 10 - 20 minutes to get through to them. My broadband and tv box keeps losing signal everytime it rains. Just recently got a a free month off them on thursday after I complained about it again and also a tech came out that day to fix the problem again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had a similar problem with VHI. I was trying to ring them loads of time and was put on hold for ages, in the mean time they were sending out reminder notes through he post, wasting money on postage, paper & admin.

So I rang again and this time listening to the automated voice and instead picked the option where I was a new customer (or some similar choice). Got through right away and was able to pay the bill in that section. Did the same a year later, testing the normal line again just to see, and again on hold for ages and right through on the new customer bit.

Advertisement