Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada Visa

Options
  • 01-08-2012 5:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36

Hey,

I recieved a LOI back on the 14th June 2012, but I want to move over in December 2012/January 2013. I know that my visa is valid for a year, but am I right in assuming, that my working visas dates only start once I land in Canada, provided it is before June 2013? As in, if I arrived on the 6th January 2013, I could continue to work in Canada until 6th January 2014 right?

Also, I am on international VHI insurance. I do not have to change my insurance policy to go to Canada, as it's international, am I right?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ya, your working visas date will start once you land in Canada as long as it's before June 2013. If you arrive on the 6th January 2013, your visa will expire in 5th January 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from US/ Canada Travel to Living Abroad, where Canada visa questions go until a separate Canada forum is created ***

Advertisement