Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need examples of 'mixed-heritage' comedians...

Options
  • 01-08-2012 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm compiling a montage of 'mixed-heritage' stand up comedians, talking about their backgrounds and how it affects their life, ideally with a joke. Here are some examples I have

Dan Nainan

"My dad is from India and my mom is from Japan. I get my sushi from 7/11."

Mal Hall

"I'm half-black and half-Asian. If you're trying to figure that out, that's what this is."

Little Esther

"I'm half-Jewish, half-regular. I'm not technically a Jew because my Mom is Christian and sexually-attractive. But my Dad is so Jewish that I didn't go to Hebrew school because he didn't want to have to pay the dues you have to pay to belong to a Temple."

If anyone has any more examples of comedians who do jokes like this, I'd really like to hear of them. It doesn't matter if they're obscure. If anything, it's better.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Paul Tylak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm just watching some videos about Greg Giraldo at the moment. His father is Colombian I believe, and his mother is Spanish, but I don't think he used his heritage at all in his sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Stephen K Amos?
    Born/raised in UK of Nigerian parents.

/edit Actually I always thought his Dad was English, just moved there so might be no used to you.

Advertisement