Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intel i5 2500k OC

• 01-08-2012 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have overclocked my Intel i5 2500k to 4.4Ghz. I was wondering if the temps are too high. I ran Intel burn test 10 times and the max temp was 76C. I'm assuming this isn't too high but just wanted a second opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well the tcase is 72.6°C so you are above the temp that intel recommend for long term use.
    What cooler are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

I am using the Thermalright HR-02 macho. I though it wasn't too high simply because it's Intel burn test :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah actually it's probably fine. You are unlikely to reach that temp much during normal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

What Voltage are you running on that Overclock, out of interest.

Advertisement