Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on getting from Lucan to Croker

Options
  • 01-08-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey guys am doing exams next week in Croke Park for three days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I am staying with relatives in lucan near the Woodies and I am just wondering if I was to drive to Croke Park which would be the best route to take. I plan on leaving around 7 in the morning from Lucan as I have to be in Croker at 9. I don't have much experience of driving in Dublin so advice regarding the best route and traffic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Try this ...

Directions

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Thanks I have tried Google Maps I just wanted to know which way would get me there the fastest without being stuck in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Drive to Heuston, quays, Church St, Bolton St, Dorset St, Drumcondra, turn right onto Clonliffe Rd,

Free parking on Clonliffe Rd, I used to live there, you'll have no problems and it's safe.
    2 minute walk to the stadium

Pretty much what google maps recommends

All main roads, all very direct

It's good that you are leaving early, traffic will be fine at 7 but mad at 8

Sure when you get there early you can have a coffee in the Croke Park Hotel and relax :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Drive to Heuston, quays, Church St, Bolton St, Dorset St, Drumcondra, turn right onto Clonliffe Rd,

Free parking on Clonliffe Rd, I used to live there, you'll have no problems and it's safe

Pretty much what google maps recommends

All main roads, all very direct

Thanks a million for your reply
    What would traffic be like if I left Lucan at 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Light, will be fine

If you leave at 8 you will make it but you'll be cutting it very fine and will be stressed going into the exams

7 will be perfect :)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Light, will be fine

If you leave at 8 you will make it but you'll be cutting it very fine and will be stressed going into the exams

7 will be perfect :)
    You are a star might even leave a bit earlier to be on the safe side :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

comming from lucan to get to croke park i would go m50 north get off at blanch and head down the ncr stright all the way till you hit jones road croke park . no twists or turns just left right left job done .

comming from lucan to get to croke park i would go m50 north get off at blanch and head down the ncr stright all the way till you hit jones road croke park . no twists or turns just left right left job done .

Hey I have looked up this route on Google Maps will I have to go through the eToll on the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

hupskip wrote: »
    Hey I have looked up this route on Google Maps will I have to go through the eToll on the way?
    Yes. (2.50 if you video register)

Yes. (2.50 if you video register)
    Thanks a million this way does seem more straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you parking sorted when you get there?

spurious wrote: »
    Have you parking sorted when you get there?
    Yes there is going to be limited parking available for those doing exams just off North Circular Road on St. Margarets Avenue. Supposedly Croke Park have a car park there.

Advertisement