Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hairdresser needed!

• 01-08-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Anyone tell me a good hairdresser that doesn't cost an arm and a leg in Dublin? Anywhere will do, I'm willing to travel for a good place.

I usually pay about €65 for a full colour, cut and treatment in my usual salon in Kerry but won't be home before an important wedding.

I'd do it myself but blonde can go horribly wrong at home :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Anyone tell me a good hairdresser that doesn't cost an arm and a leg in Dublin? Anywhere will do, I'm willing to travel for a good place.

I usually pay about €65 for a full colour, cut and treatment in my usual salon in Kerry but won't be home before an important wedding.

I'd do it myself but blonde can go horribly wrong at home :o

€65 is very cheap! I paid €90 for a colour and a cut the other day which seems to be the average price in dublin! Why dont you check out www.salonaddict.ie and you will get an idea of prices? Are looking for city centre? I never get my hair done in city centre but Noel Higgins in Blackrock, perceptions in goatstown, susan barry in mount merrion are all brill but not in town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'm in Stillorgan but I'll go anywhere in Dublin, if the price is right and they're good its worth travelling for. Thanks for the recommendations and I'll check out the site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm in Stillorgan but I'll go anywhere in Dublin, if the price is right and they're good its worth travelling for. Thanks for the recommendations and I'll check out the site :)

Just one word of warning I got a deal on one of those vochure pages for Joseph Kramer in stillorgan (I was trying to be a cheapskate) I got the worst haircut of my life, it will take my hair a year to recover! No joke my hair is so easy to cut like just straight across no big deal, the girl went scissor happy with thinning scissors. If you are in stillorgan Susan Barry would be my first choice. I should never have left her :( Noel Higgins would be my 2nd and he is doing 15% off all hairdressing until 4 th August. And perceptions my 3rd as they are the most expensive! There is also a hairdressers beside DID in stillorgan called new Image they are very good too if you get the girl from the north of Ireland!

Thanks for that. Its great to see some names coming up more than once already, has to be a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I get my hair done in salon Boutique and they are reasonably priced for Dublin. I pay €80 eur all over colour cut and blowdry. They don't have trainees only a small team of stylists so I trust them with my hair. Normally though if it sounds too good to be true price wise I tend to avoid.

• Advertisement

I booked Susan Barry today, so I'll report back how I got on. I've been quoted €60 to get my roots done, blowdry and fringe cut. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Advertisement