Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will 6th Year really fly by?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Start: September
    October: Holloween holiday
    December: Christmas exams + the holiday
    Do people still get a mid-term?
    Something around March, I think: Mocks
    Whenever: L-Cert

Throw in a few holidays during the year, and yes, 6th year flies back when looking at it retrospectively, and comparing it to 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

fontdor wrote: »
    Chemistry,French,Biology,Business

It's worth your while putting extra practice in for your oral exam in French. Everybody thought I was crazy for the amount of work I did for that 25%, but I learned more French in doing that than vocab / verbs from the internet and don't stick to the oral material your teacher gives you, as the rest of your class will then go in and say the same things as you. I also recommend doing a document. Make it a topical document, so that the vocab you acquire from it, you can then re-use in the exam.n in my other 5 years studying the subject. Vary it up a bit; learn vocab / verbs from the internet and don't stick to the oral material your teacher gives you, as the rest of your class will then go in and say the same things as you. I also recommend doing a document. Make it a topical document, so that the vocab you acquire from it, you can then re-use in the exam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

mathstalk wrote: »
    It's worth your while putting extra practice in for your oral exam in French. Everybody thought I was crazy for the amount of work I did for that 25%, but I learned more French in doing that than vocab / verbs from the internet and don't stick to the oral material your teacher gives you, as the rest of your class will then go in and say the same things as you. I also recommend doing a document. Make it a topical document, so that the vocab you acquire from it, you can then re-use in the exam.n in my other 5 years studying the subject. Vary it up a bit; learn vocab / verbs from the internet and don't stick to the oral material your teacher gives you, as the rest of your class will then go in and say the same things as you. I also recommend doing a document. Make it a topical document, so that the vocab you acquire from it, you can then re-use in the exam.

Can you give me some sites for french vocab etc....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78055654 heres a thread we had this year! :)

any i posted were checked by my teacher. if you google around you'll find more, i had an enormous list on another site for smaller, less important (but still fancy) phrases but i didn't save it because it was too close to the lc to check and learn them, but ill try to find it for you soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

fontdor wrote: »
    Can you give me some sites for french vocab etc....?

I just googled stuff when I needed to (i.e. courir verb conjugation etc.). The top results came from sites like french.about.com & wordreference.com

I of course used Google Translate for simple translations like words and verbs. The translation engine works quite well for French - English at this point, but be careful, sometimes you need to mess around with the result to make it work.

For my document, I looked up articles on the French Wikipedia. You can read countless articles on there.

When I needed a translation for a complex phrase, like a proverb or something, I'd post on the French language Yahoo Answers forum. Answers may have been slow, but give it time and check back after a while if you really need a translation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I thought it went quite slow from September to the October mid-term. After that, it absolutely flew. Between Christmas tests, Mocks, grinds and studying I barely had time to think!

Advertisement