Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

380 or 415 v 3 phase supply

Options
  • 01-08-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

What sort of cost would I be looking at getting a 380 or a 415 volt supply put into a shed that already has power. For an industrial machine.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What sort of cost would I be looking at getting a 380 or a 415 volt supply put into a shed that already has power. For an industrial machine.
    Thanks for the help.

Hi studdlymurphy. You will need to provide some more information.
    Where do you intend to get the 3 phase supply from?
    What is the length of run?
    What size is the load?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

The load is 12KVA.
    Where can I get the supply from? Can a domestic supply power an onsite transformer to supply 3 phase? or does it need to come from the mains.
    If it needs to come from the mains which type of mains the big pylons on the normal lines before they are stepped down for the house?
    There are main pylons about 300-400 metres away or the normal lines 50 metres away. Hope this makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it prob won't be practical to use your single phase and convert for 12kva 3phase load

you'll prob need to apply for a 3-phase connection

another option might be a generator if it's occasional use

Advertisement