Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new horror films

• 01-08-2012 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has it been a while since there has been a good new horror firm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Cabin in the woods is probably the best horror in the last year.

Movie studios such as Warner, Fox etc.. Wont allow film makers to release 18 cert movies as it restricts their target audience (12-20) from seeing the it which in turn is reduced revenues for them. Thats why so many horror movies come out lately as PG-13 or 15 and about as scary as a fly on the windscreen!!

Shame really but thats the world today.. money money money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes. we might get a few for halloween but dont hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

saw a poster in a bus shelter the other day for the house at the end of the street. Might be worth a look ......

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

There's a few going round.. The possesion was great. Seen it twice recently in the flicks.. Silent hill 2 3D is coming out for Halloween. I've been waiting years for that. Cabin in the woods was a comedy, I'm quite surprised its classed as horror. More of a thriller/black comedy is say. But I agree on the crap that is ratings now, no 18s anymore.

Although I seen The Ring in the cinema that was 15A and scared the pants off me..
    There was even a 7 year old girl in the cinema. I couldn't believe it..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

There's a sequel coming out to the 2009 film The Collector, around the end of November, called The Collection. Trailer here:

The original wasn't a classic by any means- and definitely requires a HUGE suspension of disbelief as to how one guy could set up so much stuff in such a short period of time!- but was tense enough, and a reasonably intriguing thriller.

The sequel looks like it'll be upping the body count, anyway, for what it's worth- probably at the expense of character and plot, but we'll see. Josh Stewart (Bane's right-hand man Barsad in TDKR) is back, so at least there'll be some sort of tie-in to the first one.

Haven't heard rumblings of too many other horrors of late, aside from the Carrie remake that's on the way... Hopefully, we'll get a few new ones around Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, but I don't have high hopes for Silent Hill 3D... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, but I don't have high hopes for Silent Hill 3D... :(

Me too, love them. I just take the movies for what they are, a bit of a spin off. You've got to take them on their own merit. You'll unfortunately never create them same atmosphere. So I reckon 3D will be a bit of a ride anyway. Although I hope Dark Alessa is not CGI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i really enjoyed absentia and grave encounters - both on netflix
    the lovely ones is another good recentish oz horror

Advertisement