Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supersaver switch to normal - not happy

Options
  • 01-08-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

hi, last year I switched to Supersaver nightsaver Electric Ireland. Only now I discovered that it was only for a year and now I'm on Domestic - Nightsaver.

Now, I understand Supersaver nightsaver was only a promotion. What I don't understand is that every other company is rewarding for direct debit and online billing but that is not with Electric Ireland's domestic nighsaver.
    I expected that I would still get this discount - for direct debit and online billing.

Anyway, my question - Is there any reason for me to stay with Electric Ireland and not to move to, for example, Airtricity? It seems to me that I have the most expensive option on market with Electric and, although I understand I had cheapest one for a year, I don't feel comfortable about that and would prefer to be somewhere in the middle, with at least some discount for DD and online billing.

I think you should do more to keep your existing customers, not only to try to get new ones, as to switch to other provider is so simple and hassle free I will definitely consider moving somewhere else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi 198321,

Even though your SuperSaver price plan expired, you can now avail of another price plan as an existing customer - the Value Reward. This is: 4% discount for direct debit, 2% for online billing. There is also a discount for having gas supplied by Electric Ireland.

If you forward me by private message your Electric Ireland account number, name/address/telephone number on the account, and advise that you are the named account-holder, I will have those discounts applied for you.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woudrast

I'd like to sign up for this Value Reward plan.

The only plan I see online giving a 6% discount is the Green Plan.

Is this the same thing?

67Glp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi woudrast,

Both plans offer the same level of discounts - the only difference is that with the Value Reward plan it's still possible to obtain a 2% online billing discount if you opt not to go by direct debit (for the Green Plan direct debit would be mandatory). Other than that though they're the same.

If you PM me your account details I can look after this for you. Otherwise you could give the sales team a ring on 1850 30 50 90 (lines open 8am to 8pm, Mon-Sat). We finish up on boards at 17.30 on Friday.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement