Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy GPU.

Options
  • 01-08-2012 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Bought a Ganward gtx 670 and its pretty noisy when it gets up to speed. It's not a huge problem so I'm not really arsed in returning the card but would ya say a vga cooler would work? If so, any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I feel for you - my 6870 make practically no noise - swap? :D

Water cooling is my suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I feel for you - my 6870 make practically no noise - swap? :D

Water cooling is my suggestion.

Haha I haven't really found anything that really stresses the 670 at all. Let me get back to you on that swap:D

I'd like to go with watercooling but if I was going that route, I know myself I'd just have to water cool the CPU too and it's not as cheap or as easy as applying some thermal paste and tightening up a few screws haha.

My other suggestion is wife noise canceling head phones :)

My other suggestion is wife noise canceling head phones :)

Haha, sucks for you. Least I can send my bird home. I have a set of Seinheiser HD 439's which do a pretty good job of cancelling out the noise. I just don't like playing late at night while everyone else is asleep as I feel it makes a pretty audible noise. It's not so much for me as everyone else.

I just lock her in a press

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Pick up an Antec 620 and ghetto-rig it to your GTX 670?

Eboggles wrote: »
    Pick up an Antec 620 and ghetto-rig it to your GTX 670?

Never thought of that. I really don't wanna start into water cooling as then I'd end up going all out and water cooling the cpu too. Would this work? It doesn't mention being compatible with a 670 but here it does...

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Never thought of that. I really don't wanna start into water cooling as then I'd end up going all out and water cooling the cpu too. Would this work? It doesn't mention being compatible with a 670 but here it does...

Yeah that'd be fine.

Guys a bit of a hijack bit how do you make the "this" links...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Guys a bit of a hijack bit how do you make the "this" links...

Write "this", highlight it and click the URL button (the globe). Then paste your link in as normal.

• Advertisement

You mean Seabiscuit? Just ran a torture test using OCCT. Temps were reaching 78-79 degress. Is that pretty bad?

You mean Seabiscuit? Just ran a torture test using OCCT. Temps were reaching 78-79 degress. Is that pretty bad?

Those temps are gramd.

Penelope Cruz is Seabiscuit? Wow you're picky :pac:

Eboggles wrote: »
    Those temps are gramd.

Penelope Cruz is Seabiscuit? Wow you're picky :pac:

It's from Family Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's from Family Guy.

Must be why no one got the 'joke' then :D

Advertisement