Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the Iron sights from a CZ 452

Options
  • 01-08-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have learned a great deal from the mistakes of others on this forum that I thought I'd let you know about my most recent.

I got a new scope as my others were stolen from the car last week(bastards!). When I tried to fit it I realied that the back iron sight was in the way. I didn't want to get new mounts as these were pretty high as it was.
    So I asked a few lads at the range how easy it would be to remove it. Oh easy peasy, just pop out the pin that is holding it in place.

So I got out the hammer and gave it a gentle tap.These taps progressed to heavy slaps very quickly. Nothing! I was at this point in danger of damaging the rifle so I decided to drill out the pin.

I started drilling when suddenly the sight popped out.

I then realised that it was not being held in by a pin but hinged on two notches that were forged to the sight.

I had tried to find info on-line prior to starting this project but to no avail.

I hope someone else finds this before they start smashing up their rifle!

See pics enclosed

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That's some kick in the nuts.

Nearly all sights are designed to be taken off so if it ever comes to the stage where you need a drill i would seriously reconsider before doing anything with it.

It's been a while but i though CZ sights just needed a little elbow grease. You push down, and back towards the bolt to release the sights. I know the Anschutz slides to the side, but as said it's been a while since i owned a CZ so the memory is not what it should be.

Are they damaged? IOW will they go back on?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭peteshamrock

I think I could fabricate something if I need to put it back on. Kick in the nuts is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

what model 452 is it??

ive a 2em (lux i think)

so they just push off of sorts??..

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭peteshamrock

Yep. a little pressure on the spring and then it slips off.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

I hope someone else finds this before they start smashing up their rifle!

Someone just did ;) I'm finding my 452 with hawke 5.5-16x44 being almost too big to fit into 5 gun cabinet on its own. So i ordered smaller scope (my shooting skills are too weak to shoot at anything requiring 16x magnification any way). So i hope to remove iron sights and get shorter rings to lower profile of the gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

I have the removable 'bit' of the cz452 sight in a box gathering dust. You are welcome to it.

Advertisement