Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results query

• 01-08-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have a question regrading my results. It may be a bit confusing so bear with me...

I am in my final year and doing a joint (30 credits) in Mathematics(6x 5 credit modules) and 30 credits in Applied Mathematics(6x 5 credit modules).

From the book of modules you must "in each subject, pass modules to the value of at least 25 credits."

I passed all my modules for Mathematics, so no problem there.

However I failed two modules for Applied Maths so I only passed modules to the value of 20 credits.

Yet,from the book of modules, to compensate for one of the subjects you must "obtain a mark of not less than 30% in any remaining module(s)."

I got above 30% in the two "failed" modules.So if I repeat one of the modules and pass does that mean I can compensate my other module without repeating it? It would be nice to do one module instead of two modules in 2 weeks time!

Hope you will understand! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

I'm in same position. I'm guessing its fine seeing as it doesnt mention autumn exams. Just need to pass one but still wouldnt chance it just in case. I'm going to all mine anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

MoogPoo wrote: »
    I'm in same position. I'm guessing its fine seeing as it doesnt mention autumn exams. Just need to pass one but still wouldnt chance it just in case. I'm going to all mine anyway.

Hi MoogPoo, just found out that you need repeat ALL modules you failed.

If not you'll be marked as absent and will have to repeat the modules next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

crap, but do the same rules apply for compensation as for summer do you know, you dont have to pass outright or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

If I get 40 in one of the modules and above 30 in the module then I can compensate. Above 40 in both then happy days!

Advertisement