Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a comprehensive list of college courses?

• 01-08-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Going back to education next month. I was a bit of a waster last time I was at school and never attended a careers class. I have basically no idea what I want to do after my Leaving and need a good website to guide me.

Also, is there grants available to go to college in England? I'm asking because I literally can't string 2 sentences of Irish together... could never get into it at school and we never speak it at home either. I often hear people say a certain Irish grade is compulsory in college courses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Qualifax is the best site for searching courses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Honestly think of what your ideal career is,what job would you like to do?
    now,i can almost guarantee you there is a course for it,
    go to all the college websites you can think of and just browse, UCD,Trinity,dcu ,dit anywhere
    There are grants but they are means tested so i do not know your personal circumstances when you find the course you want , ex in UCD ring them /the number will be on the website and enquire about the course you want to do, they will tell you according to your situation
    Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

For most courses in Ireland you just need to pass OL Irish, you don't generally need a certain grade unless the course is Irish-related. If you wanted to you could probably pass OL Irish without a huge amount of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm pretty sure TCD don't need a pass in Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I think most of the times it requires a certain grade in either English or Irish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement