Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a cheap LGA775 socket CPU?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Recently I accidentally fried my CPU (long story...), which was a Core 2 Duo E8500, on an LGA775 socket.

I've tried looking for a replacement (an upgrade would be nice), but it seems that line of CPUs is not no longer manufactured, and any CPUs I do find that are compatible with my motherboard are at a horrendously high markup.

I don't want to spend more then 150E on this replacement, and I'd like to get a better CPU if I can, is there a model of CPU I can get which will be better performance wise then my previous CPU, and can be bought at a low price point? I don't want to pay over 200E for models that are over 4 years old!

If it's important, my motherboard is an MSI p45 neo2

Comments

Advertisement