If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First 3D tv.

Options
  • 01-08-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a c.47" LED 3D full HD with SaorView Smart TV.

Getting confused with all the options.

LG, Samsung, Sony.

Delivery for Dublin required.

What's the best choice?

Regards,

DFD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi DFD.

There are quite a few options here.

Are you looking at the entry level range of screens or something nice and tasty?

Just so as I know where to come in on the pricing side of things.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Hi DFD.

There are quite a few options here.

Are you looking at the entry level range of screens or something nice and tasty?

Just so as I know where to come in on the pricing side of things.

Cheers

Dave

Around the €1,000 mark, delivered to Dublin. Should have said already, apologies. Thanks for your prompt response.

DFD.

Around the €1,000 mark, delivered to Dublin. Should have said already, apologies. Thanks for your prompt response.

DFD.

Any thoughts?

DFD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

SNIP

<snip>
    Really?
    A friend has the "LG 47LW659S" which I think meets that spec (more than happy to be corrected). It's well under €1,000 on a few sites I've looked at.

Regards,

DFD,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Really?
    A friend has the "LG 47LW659S" which I think meets that spec (more than happy to be corrected). It's well under €1,000 on a few sites I've looked at.

Regards,

DFD,

Fair enough - although it looks quite 'old-tech', seems to have some firmware issues and doesn't seem to be easily available over here <snip>.

Fair enough <Snip>.
    Thanks for that, I don't know anything about the tech, hence this thread.

So what are my options in the €1,000 mark and what then what's the €2,000 point of reference for a 'higher' end model?

Thanks,

DFD.

Thanks for that, I don't know anything about the tech, hence this thread.

So what are my options in the €1,000 mark and what then what's the €2,000 point of reference for a 'higher' end model?

Thanks,

DFD.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/lg-47lm670t

Is this a good TV? I see it has 5 stars from WhatHiFi. I don't see it on the richersounds.ie website (possibly my fault).

DFD.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

http://www.whathifi.com/review/lg-47lm670t

Is this a good TV? I see it has 5 stars from WhatHiFi. I don't see it on the richersounds.ie website (possibly my fault).

DFD.

DFD,

apologies for the delay getting back to you!

That 47LM670's a cracker of a TV (the new LG range in general is really excellent!) we currently sell it at £1099.95 / €1449.99

However....we also have the 47LM760T that I can do at £1149.95 / €1529.99 - this is basically the same TV but with 800Hz MCI which really improves the on screen movement (not that the 670 is bad!)

Again apologies for the delay - I'm around most of today & if you have any queries I'llbe more than happy to answer them as asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. Is Saorview included? Or is that a stupid question?

Can you recommend a complimentary blu-ray player for the higher spec TV?

I'm out of the country for the next few weeks, so would propose to order in late August, hopefully that's agreeable.

Regards,

DFD.

• Advertisement

Thanks John. Is Saorview included? Or is that a stupid question?

Can you recommend a complimentary blu-ray player for the higher spec TV?

I'm out of the country for the next few weeks, so would propose to order in late August, hopefully that's agreeable.

Regards,

DFD.

DFD,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.. Yep Saorview is included no problem with all the large screen LG's - on the BR front I would recommend the LG BP620

In terms of ordering late August - Brilliant thanks - however TV pricing moves and stocks so fast at the moment that I would dip in again and ask all the same questions again just prior to ordering just to re-check that this is still the best deal around!

Thanks again and please keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DFD,

apologies for the delay getting back to you!

That 47LM670's a cracker of a TV (the new LG range in general is really excellent!) we currently sell it at £1099.95 / €1449.99

However....we also have the 47LM760T that I can do at £1149.95 / €1529.99 - this is basically the same TV but with 800Hz MCI which really improves the on screen movement (not that the 670 is bad!)

Again apologies for the delay - I'm around most of today & if you have any queries I'llbe more than happy to answer them as asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

mssg4.jpg

The higher end models and the lower end ones are part of this offer but would the 47LM760T be eligible, the 3D camcorder is direct from LG so that fine but what about the rest.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Varik wrote: »
    mssg4.jpg

The higher end models and the lower end ones are part of this offer but would the 47LM760T be eligible, the 3D camcorder is direct from LG so that fine but what about the rest.

Hi Varik,

As far as I know the deal only applies to the models listed.

Chris

John,

Just following up on this thread. Does this prices still hold? Can I avail of the 3G camcorder offer if I order now?

What do I need to do to complete the order? What's the delivery time frame?

Regards,

DFD.
    <snip>
    <snip>
    John Mc & Crew
    <snip>
    In terms of ordering late August - Brilliant thanks - however TV pricing moves and stocks so fast at the moment that I would dip in again and ask all the same questions again just prior to ordering just to re-check that this is still the best deal around!
    <snip>

Bump. Looking to go on this.

DFD.
    John,

Just following up on this thread. Does this prices still hold? Can I avail of the 3G camcorder offer if I order now?

What do I need to do to complete the order? What's the delivery time frame?

Regards,

DFD.

Bump. Looking to go on this.

DFD.

DFD,

again apologies for the delay - it's holiday time and we are short staffed in mail order!:o

Yes I can actually do the 47LM760 at a lower price - £1119 / €1449 now and I can do delivery at just €24.99.

The Camcorder offer is by redemption with LG direct and it's an ' whilst stocks last jobbie - but we checked with them recently and they said that they had enough stocks at the moment..

Keep me posted and again apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc

Looking forwards to delivery now :)

Went with the LG 47LM760T, a Blu-ray player and a sound bar.

Apologies if this sounds ignorant, but is that all I need? I'd hope the devices come with the cables/ connections I need to connect them all together. They do, right?

Thanks again.

DFD.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Looking forwards to delivery now :)

Went with the LG 47LM760T, a Blu-ray player and a sound bar.

Apologies if this sounds ignorant, but is that all I need? I'd hope the devices come with the cables/ connections I need to connect them all together. They do, right?

Thanks again.

DFD.

Hi DFD,

That's a lovely set up :) You'll be chuffed.

Unfortunately the cables required aren't supplied :(

You'll need an HDMI cable to connect the blu-ray to your TV. And then an optical cable to run from your TV to the soundbar.

Is the bluray and soubar going to be close to the TV? We have HDMIs starting at 1m and optical cables starting at 0.75m.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.