Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin zombie Walk 2012

Options
  • 01-08-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

http://www.dublinzombiewalk.com/ this is happening this Saturday the 4th of August. Fancy dressing up?
    or if shambling along isn't your thing you can always be a steward or bucket shaker. Monies raised are going to the Irish Cancer Society and Barnardos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linvia

:eek:
    the zombies are coming....:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Dawn of the dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

FishBowel wrote: »
    Dawn of the dumb.
    Raising money for cancer charities is dumb? Let's all pray you never need it.

If they want to raise money for cancer there are less stupid ways than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

If they want to raise money for cancer there are less stupid ways than this.

As long as no law is broken I'm sure the Irish Cancer society don't give a f**k how the money was raised only that the money was raised.

• Advertisement

Too many people using this 'charity' excuse to act the fool in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Dressing up and walking around is acting the fool nowadays is it?

not going myself. Few of the lads I know are going, Its looks like a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

What are you raising money for by acting the fool on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It officially began a few minutes ago. I'm heading in now to have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Was this arranged with the authorities? I've no problem with the zombie walk - in fact the more events in town the better - but there was complete chaos around Suffolk St, College Green when I passed.

Had to get a taxi home. Felt sorry for the people on the 747 bus stuck on Dame St who looked like they might be missing their flights!

I know there are events/protests along this route all the time but this seemed to be a bit of a mess. The only traffic control I saw was 2 traffic motorbikes. Maybe it just looked worse than it was.

• Advertisement

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Was this arranged with the authorities? I've no problem with the zombie walk - in fact the more events in town the better - but there was complete chaos around Suffolk St, College Green when I passed.
    Like I said - Day of the dumb (or something). Anyway, you can't criticise these people - because it was for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Thats a charity thats worth collecting for not like a lot of the others that are a business and run to make profit then a certain amount is given(handed) out.

Best of luck tonight hope you all have a great night.
    Be in town working so probably see a bit of the madness :)
    Saw it last year and all the tourists couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Like I said - Day of the dumb (or something). Anyway, you can't criticise these people - because it was for charity.

Erm, I wasn't criticising these people. Please don't use my post to try to support your cynical view.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

My brother and his lack went upto it from waterford. Said it was great craic. Went to some rage against the machine tribute band that was supposed to be on after it but it was only for people on the guest list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

was stuck in traffic chaos for over half an hour at college green today, a lot of people were very upset as they were waiting on an aircoach bus to airport. Ridiculous carry on. Donate money to charity if you want but don't be putting people seriously out of pocket and causing traffic chaos just so ye can act the fools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Seen a few people around the train station all dressed up. Only finding out now why. Was looking at them thinking wtf? Fair play to them I say. People will moan about anything. Seen one of these walks in Brisbane and the time and effort some people put into there costumes was amazing. Hopefully someone has a few pics from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ben D Bus wrote: »

Had to get a taxi home. Felt sorry for the people on the 747 bus stuck on Dame St who looked like they might be missing their flights!

I know there are events/protests along this route all the time but this seemed to be a bit of a mess. The only traffic control I saw was 2 traffic motorbikes. Maybe it just looked worse than it was.

you can also thank the gobsh**tes at dublin bus for putting so many routes down a road that's constantly being closed off.

Bambi wrote: »
    you can also thank the gobsh**tes at dublin bus for putting so many routes down a road that's constantly being closed off.

Or Dublin City Council for it's one-way bridges. Few options apart from OCB in the city centre! Hence the Dublin Bus routes.

Maybe find some alternative routes for these marches? Or has this become the "traditional route"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Its not exactly like it was a spur of the moment thing, it's happened for a couple of years now and the date is set long in advance. I always do a quick google of any places i'm flying in / out of to see how much time i need to allow due to events/protests. Sure down near the o2 on any gig night is always backlogged, and that'd affect transport. Not that big a deal, and it's for a brilliant cause. Better than dodging chuggers any day of the week.

Back on topic; It looked like it was great fun, several friends were going and put a lot of effort into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jaysus, if you take one thing from this thread it's that Dublin is full of whingers.

I was in town earlier and it was great, some fantastic costumes and make up, lots of imaginative people out there and everyone was good humoured. Brought plenty of smiles to everyone around town.

There's a link to photos here http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80072555#post8007255 and on thejournal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jaysus, if you take one thing from this thread it's that Dublin is full of whingers.

I was in town earlier and it was great, some fantastic costumes and make up, lots of imaginative people out there and everyone was good humoured. Brought plenty of smiles to everyone around town.

There's a link to photos here http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80072555#post8007255 and on thejournal.ie

I was in town earlier in the day and most of the get up's I saw were cack tbh

Zombies are totally played out man. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

ThisRegard wrote: »

Some more photos here.

Advertisement