Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in the Castletroy area

• 01-08-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey, I'll be renting a house soon in Briarfield castletroy and I was wondering which internet provider works best in that area? Price wise UPC seems to be best, I'll call them tomorrow, but from past experiences with Imagine and O2, I know they'll try sell it to me anyway even if coverage is poor.

SO basically, just asking what provider is best from people that have lived there, or know people that have lived there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

We had UPC at my house in Curragh Birin and it was excellent, internet wise. We got a student package they do, the contract is for 9 months so you dont have to pay for the summer when you leave the house. It included TV and internet and i think it was around 50 a month divided between 4 of us.

Their internet is top class but their tv service we found wasnt great. For some reason our box would cut out and you would have to turn it on again, it got real annoying! We asked them to send someone to fix it and they never came. THeir EPG is slow and not as nice to use as sky digital. Next year I think we are just getting the internet from them, dont know what the price is though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

UPC are definitely the best value for the speed/quality of the internet you're getting. Thinking of convincing our landlord to switch from Eircom (who need to play a lot of catchup if they want to stay relevant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ups is your best bet op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

magnet arent bad either :)Simply BB pack, unlimited downloads, unlimited == unlimited not even a 500gig fair use cap :) E40 a month, 24mb...which turns out to be 8mb for me
    but no contract , no telephone, no line rental

**only cos Im just outside the UPC service area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

does anyone know if you can get upc internet in bru na gruadan?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

If you know your exact address. go onto the UPC website, into internet and then you can enter the address to check for availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

If you know your exact address. go onto the UPC website, into internet and then you can enter the address to check for availability.

I did that and it said broadband wasn't available only tv but it said it wasn't available in Currigh Birin either yet someone here mentioned they had it :confused:

Advertisement