Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frack's Quitlog

Options
  • 01-08-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all, I have been reading through this forum as a lurker since I joined boards and have finally given the fags up! However I'm really struggling right now so I though I'd create a quit log, even just being able to write out how i feel should be a help! I'm going cold turkey from being a heavy smoker

DAY 1

Day 1 was not too bad, I timed this to coincide with a tooth extraction yesterday morning where you shouldn't smoke for 24 hours anyway and I had the dull pain from that to distract me for the day... I did get quite irritable yesterday evening and had a few weak moments where it was if my subconscious was egging me on to go to the shops and buy some tobacco, or else dig it out from the bottom of the bin (where I had put the remainder of my tobacco the precious evening). Slept quite well but with vivid dreams.

DAY 2

Woke up feeling pretty good today. I felt like I had more energy and was quite positive. This all changed as soon as I got in my car and drive to work (from Dublin 8 to Bray). I am so used to smoking in my car that I find it very difficult without cigarettes while driving. I couldn't really concentrate and I hate to say but was probably a liability out there this morning. I had a coffee and this seemed to ebb things a little bit. Work was ok, I have quite an active job that keeps me concentrating all day so not much time to dwell on lack of cigarettes. I really missed them on my breaks though. I couldn't handle large groups today for some reason - when i went to the shop to get my lunch I had a lot of anxiety and couldn't really communicate with people properly without being kind of scatty. I had to finish work a little early as I couldn't actually concentrate anymore which is irregular for me.

I had the same experience driving home except maybe a little worse or more intense. One thing I have noticed is how bad my car smells! Absolutely disgusting! I have spent the rest of the evening in various degrees of anger, irritability and anxiety with a headache and some nausea thrown in for good measure. I went for a big walk and was so angry that I kicked a tree.....! I still feel like that now so thats why I am on here to tell my story and just take my mind off the cravings a little bit. I am definitely not going to smoke today so will be 2 days off the fags when I wake up tomorrow which is something I am majorly proud of and will help me tomorrow!

Thanks

Eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Well done!! I went through everything you described in the first couple of days too. On day 3, I actually went to the shop with money in my hand ready to buy 100 cigarettes!:eek::eek::eek: I got to the shop and turned around. I said to myself, just give it another half hour and for the remainder of the evening I just kept putting it off by half an hour. That to me was the most intense it got, after day 3, everything eased off and as of today I am 6 months smoke free!!
    I still get the odd craving, I was in a hotel last week and they had a lovely smoking area and I wanted one because of it. Last night I dreamt I smoked and I was so disappointed in myself this morning until I realised it was only a dream! But apart from these times, I rarely think of smoking now. For the first 3 months, I was checking this forum 4 /5 times a day but now I just check in :D
    Its very cliche but if I can do it - anyone can! Just get past those 3 days and you'll see improvement in your health and your pocket which will really help spur you on :)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Had a really weird sleep last night where I woke up basically on the hour every hour with some seriously mad dreams! It also felt like I had slept the whole night through but when i looked at the clock it was 2am to something... Got up feeling pretty good but day seemed to go quite like yesterday although the cravings are a lot stronger. Found work difficult today due to lack of concentration and caught myself being quite negative which is never good!

Back home now thanks god, am going to batten down the hatches and drink loads of tea and hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier. Girlfriend is out for the night which suits me as i'm ****ty company right now!

Advertisement