Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newborn infacol /gripe water query

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

hi girls,
    i have my 4wk old on infacol as of yesterday, he seems to be having wind pains (farting in particular), so tried this out yesterday, just wondering i have ordered gripe water, can i give both to him? with the gripe water i would be looking to dip his soother in it and give it to him that way, the infacol is given via dopler, i have him on hungrier baby food as he is just guzzling the btl and is taking 6oz sometimes more already, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Play Bunny wrote: »
    hi girls,
    i have my 4wk old on infacol as of yesterday, he seems to be having wind pains (farting in particular), so tried this out yesterday, just wondering i have ordered gripe water, can i give both to him? with the gripe water i would be looking to dip his soother in it and give it to him that way, the infacol is given via dopler, i have him on hungrier baby food as he is just guzzling the btl and is taking 6oz sometimes more already, any advice appreciated.

i gave/give my daughter infacol as needed. either before her feed via the dropper or i use the dropper to put some on her soother.

that said. i don't use it very often as i felt she was becoming reliant on it. she too is also on hungry baby milk. i felt she was drinking way too much for her age going by the table on the formula and questioned my phn about it and she said to give her what she wants as she's a big baby and needs it. (she was 8lbs 12.5oz)

also...where did you find gripe water. i couldn't even get in in the north.

im sure this post is prob of no use to u as im rambling on a bit.. but my point was... that babies can get dependent on all that stuff so just be careful :)

p.s. congrats xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

We used to give our little one weak/cooled chamomile tea, seemed to do the job.

As for gripe water , there was believe it or not a world shortage until recently !

The people who made it found that the label was wrong or something and had to stop making it for a while.

This was in the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2113291/Relief-panicking-mothers-shortage-gripe-water-set-end-soon.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There's a shop in Kildare that sells it..

PM me for details :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I gave both to my little guy. But I only gave the gripe water when his wind refused to budge after a good burping session.

Eta: I used a 2.5ml syringe to give it to him (without the needle obviously!) and there was no mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we got gripe water but also used a little warm water with a small spoon of brown sugar.
    it worked wonders to get his bowels moving again and break up wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

@ Static door - thanks for ur post :D, i put some of the gripe water in his btls this morning, he doesnt seem in as much pain since we used infacol at the start of the week fingers crossed, i bought it off ebay..then my hubby got a couple of btls off a guy in work apparently he got it in blessington? not sure where tho...

xzanti will pm u , handy to know where to get it, im living in kildare myself...

its terrible what they get through lil monkies,
    thanks for ur posts guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My lil woman used to be a bit colicky 2 but once i started using the gripe water helped alot but be careful it used to give my lil woman diarrhea. I switched to dr brown bottles and worked a treat. Havent needed to give her anything in about a month and i used to have to give it with nearly every bottle.

Advertisement