Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

site review southeastbeanbags

• 01-08-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

could you please review the site

www.southeastbeanbags.com

the spec was to design a professional looking website the person in question likes the site first site designed would like to hear what others think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

tramoreman wrote: »
    could you please review the site

www.southeastbeanbags.com

the spec was to design a professional looking website the person in question likes the site first site designed would like to hear what others think

Hmm very slow loading, also it doesnt help to have a mobile as your primary number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

the person works from home has the mobile on the site in case the persons out as for the case of it being slow person dosent have a lot of photos for the site at the moment

thanks for the review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Very flat and boring site. I dont understand why the green background exists, it really doesn't do anything for me. Distinctive I suppose.

Visitor counters are very 1990's, and not very helpful for you when you haven't got 100 hits yet!

gmail address is very unprofessional. Learn how to set up a google apps domain so you can have info@domain.com etc

Contact Us could do with a contact form, you'll get more people using that than an email address in my experience.

Under product pages it would be nice that if when I selected a different colour, I could see an image of the product in that colour.

No twitter account

Bland, default fonts

no favicon

no RBN

no SEO

a lot of in line and embedded styling instead of a separate style sheet

in FAQ page, lots of words with Random Capitalised letters unnecessarily. "Are the fabrics Fire Retardant ?" "Bean Bags"

page title should link to the home page.

Designers surname at the bottom isn't capitalised, nor does it link to the designers portfolio website. Also the address could only look more unprofessional if it was a @hotmail or @yahoo

On the "fur fun" page
    "Our Fun fur Bean Bags are just that...Fun ! The combination of Fur and polystyrene bead make these Bags just about as comfortable as you can get ! They are so warm and cosy Kids just love them ! "

random capital letters, typos, all of the exclamation marks. -> consider employing a professional copywriter. At the very least get 2 people who are good with grammar and spelling to proof read anything you put online.

"How to use" menu item should be "How to Use" if you want to keep everything consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Harsh review here, apols in advance.

In addition to Squeeonline's comments:

The site is very, very poor and lets down the good product offerings badly.

The design look and feel is very early Web which is not good.

Users can't buy from the site as it has no cart at all - quite incredible in this day and age.

It looks to be put together using Frontpage or MS Office which is just awful and full of bad code.

Looks like no CMS functionality.

Broken gallery in many ways.

No logo.

No contact address.

Tables for layout - bad.

Poor and missing usage of meta data.

Use of non-breaking spaces for spacing.

Poor typography and awful copywriting.

Undescriptive image filenames.

Poor SEO.

Poor and missing Sales techniques.

No 404 page.

Images poorly resized using img height and width.

Email addresses without even a mailto function.

Your comment on it being slow due to lack of photos makes no sense. It is more likely due to the quality of the hoster.

9/10 for the product, 0/10 for the site.

This site needs to be redone pretty much from scratch by a competent professional designer, as there are issues with almost every aspect of this sites implementation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Very unprofessional looking to be honest. Looks like the site of someone selling bean bags from out the back of a truck.

More experienced people should correct me if I'm wrong here but OP why don't you look into a sort-of pre-made content management system like Drupal or the likes? Would make everything look a lot more professionally-designed which, whether they know it or not, affects customers' perception of your business greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Can't add anything to the above - needs a lot of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

:eek::eek:

Advertisement