Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[canada] SINP

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the lead time on Sinp is? Eill be applying this week most likely

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

I think it took me just over a month but partly my fault as I had to resend some stuff back in again. The application is hardest bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I think it took me just over a month but partly my fault as I had to resend some stuff back in again. The application is hardest bit!

Wow thats really quick to get the nomination back. Do you mind me asking did you apply fron Canada and did you have the offer letter from your employer?

I had an offer of a job with my employer here but I was applying from Ireland.
    It was very quick, the long bit was filling in the forms and gathering the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Thanks for the info!
    Have just started gather the information and have the job offer in hand.
    Hopefully get everything in in the next two weeks.
    Good news that it only took you a month.
    I see you mentioned North Battleford in another post we passed through there on way to interview but we had to go a long way further... 160 KMs past Saskatoon!

Yes in NB, going well so far, not the most exciting place but close to Saskatoon.

Good luck with the visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

red menace wrote: »
    Anybody know what the lead time on Sinp is? Eill be applying this week most likely

Just weondering if you had any update on this? I'm hearing conflicting reports about how long the SINP process is taking, but most people seem to be saying that there is a very long delay, however our own friends got theirs in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

red menaces other half here, we are still waiting. Haven't heard of anyone getting it quickly in a long time. Most people are coming over on LMO's while waiting on the SINP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 missieleah

Just saw this and thought i'd add my little bit. We applied through SINP in September, and received our nomination in 20 working days.. I think that we are one of the lucky ones because I've heard that it can take 8-16 months to be processed. We also had an ALMO but didn't want to activate it as we would have to flagpole to activate the Nomination Letter. I think that applications from outland and, especially Ireland, are being "fast tracked" through the process, especially if you have a job in the matrix or NOC code....

missieleah wrote: »
    Just saw this and thought i'd add my little bit. We applied through SINP in September, and received our nomination in 20 working days.. I think that we are one of the lucky ones because I've heard that it can take 8-16 months to be processed. We also had an ALMO but didn't want to activate it as we would have to flagpole to activate the Nomination Letter. I think that applications from outland and, especially Ireland, are being "fast tracked" through the process, especially if you have a job in the matrix or NOC code....

This is tying in with what we're hearing, seems to be a pretty fast turnaround for SINP applicants with job secured & NOC code.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

We have that needed to have for the Skilled Worker stream.
    I called SINP yesterday for an update, our file was submitted in august and hasn't been touched yet.
    Says it should be started in the next two weeks and that the lead time from then is 6 months

• Advertisement

Just to add, we've yet to submit our application, main thing we are still waiting for is the Police Clearance from the Guards, 6 weeks or so waiting on it now!

the police certs arent needed for sinp so if thats all you are waiting on you can apply now. You need to have the certs when you send in the federal forms after your SINP is approved.

We have that needed to have for the Skilled Worker stream.
    I called SINP yesterday for an update, our file was submitted in august and hasn't been touched yet.
    Says it should be started in the next two weeks and that the lead time from then is 6 months

Did you apply online through saskimmigrationcanada?

Just to add, we've yet to submit our application, main thing we are still waiting for is the Police Clearance from the Guards, 6 weeks or so waiting on it now!

I thought I wrote a message but it must have disappeared (and its too early for the vino before anyone comments!!).. :D You dont need the police certs, the're only federal forms. We got ours in 3 days, went into the Garda Station on a Sunday, filled out the form and bingo, in the post on Wednesday..

missieleah wrote: »
    Did you apply online through saskimmigrationcanada?

yep we applied online, we know they have it they can see it when we call about it.

bstar wrote: »
    yep we applied online, we know they have it they can see it when we call about it.

but when you log in does what does it say under application status?

it says submitted. The guy told us it wont go to in progress for another 2 weeks.

That's a pity. We got our letter that it was in progress that night we submitted it. Actually, we submitted it on 20th September and it said in the letter that our application was received on 27th August! I checked back and that was the day that I started uploading the files onto the system. Nomination back on 23rd October.. 20 working days to include thanksgiving. I kept logging in to see if status was changed, about 20 times a day. Maybe they pushed it to stop me blocking up their system!!!!

Can I just ask you all a few questions?
    We finally got the Guarda Clearance, so thought we were ready to finish off the forms. Turns out we didn't need the Police clearance certs for the SINP application, BUT we do for the Federal forms, which according to what we are reading online, need to be submitted WITH the SINP forms to the SINP office, then when they give you the SINP nomination approval you re-submit to the Federal offices.
    This is what we are reading on the SINP application form itself (stated quite clearly, not ambiguous).

Is this what you guys did? & if so, how ddid you manage with the section where you need to list every address you ever lived at since age 18? As students we both lived in all sorts of places & I haven't the foggiest notion what some (most) of those addresses were.

We finally got the Guarda Clearance, so thought we were ready to finish off the forms. Turns out we didn't need the Police clearance certs for the SINP application, BUT we do for the Federal forms, which according to what we are reading online, need to be submitted WITH the SINP forms to the SINP office, then when they give you the SINP nomination approval you re-submit to the Federal offices.
    This is what we are reading on the SINP application form itself (stated quite clearly, not ambiguous).

Is this what you guys did? & if so, how ddid you manage with the section where you need to list every address you ever lived at since age 18? As students we both lived in all sorts of places & I haven't the foggiest notion what some (most) of those addresses were.

I hear ya! To be honest, we sat down with at least 3 bottles of red wine and tried to remember what we were doing 20 years ago! We finally had to fill in the blanks with our parents addresses because if we couldn't remember where we were living, we were obviously there! :-))) Like I said before, we did send our police certs, but just for completness. The SINP approval letter comes back with the required information for what you are to do, and a supporting visa letter if they deem you to be acceptable for one, which allows you to apply for temporary residency while waiting on yoru PR from Sydney. It also states somewhere (cant remember exactly where) that you dont need to submit federal forms with your SINP, but this is incorrect, as everywhere else it states that you do. We did of course. You have 6 months from the date of acceptance by SINP to submit your documentation to Sydney.

• Advertisement

I've sent you a PM

Yes you need to submit the federal forms with the SINP application but not the police clearance you keep these and submit them with the federal when you get the nomination. The police certs expire by the way(valid for a year) so the ones you have may not be valid when you get your nomination. Thats why we tried to tell you you didn't need them yet.

Yep you need to put in every address you lived in since 18. If it was somewhere you only lived for a few months and never got post sent to you could risk leaving it out but its up to you. We put in every address.

Thanks folks. God it's a bit of a headwrecker.
    I feel like we're going in circles, but it's good to get it all done properly, at least as far as we can see, rather than have them get back to us with problems/missing items later.

You've got to be careful when applying online that you expand all the options.. i.e. in the personal details of hte main applicant, unless you go through it one by one, there are a bucket of things that you might miss. I was ready to submit ours after spending 2.5 weeks on it, when I saw a whole new section!!! :D If you want PM me and I can give you the ones that we nearly missed

Just yesterday we got out nomination from SINP applied at the end of August.
    Time to get started on the federal stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

how does the sinp work? is it a route to PR and do you have to live thee for a certain amount of time.

SINP is the Saskatchewan Nominee Immigration Program.
    Basically SINP will nominate you for PR to the Federal government.
    We applied through the skilled worker program

I'm back on this conversation, all seems like so long ago now!
    My other half got his SINP & went out to Sask in December. He's been back here for a few weeks but is returning to Sask this week. I will be following out in a month.

When he submitted the SINP & Federal stuff together we had all the family members on the forms, though in the meantime one son has turned 18 & (a) may not be classified as a dependant child (??) and (b) only want's to come to Canada for a few weeks, rather than permanently. I don't know if this will mess up our paperwork, probably not.

Can anyone clarify for me what I will need when I get to the immigration people (considering I'm coming in on my partner's SINP)? I know I will need our passports obviously, & copies of my partners stuff, but what else?

Advertisement