Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

baconegg wrote: »
    Name - Karen
    Age - 17
    From - Sligo

i didn't get on campus so i'm also looking for off campus.. how exactly are you meant to find a house to live in :P? someone told me to ring a landlord and ask for a room ? majorly confused!
    Best place to start is our accommodation thread (go the more recent pages obv) and here. Also here is an off campus housing list

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

18 m

going into History and politics!

into music, art, reading, banter, drinks everything really.
    anyone on my course?

also looking for accomodation! I'll take twin or single? bout 80 a week?
    Wooo history!
    does anyone actually know how much of the orientation days are mandatory? i've found out that one of my orientation days is on the same day as my debs. is there anything here that i don't need: greeting by president, meet the student
    services team, Campus tour, academic & technology, student life, the arts talk
    Same here! My debs is on the 12th and I've orientation on both the 12th and 13th. Looks like I'm not drinking that night so I can make it to registration on the 13th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 baconegg

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Best place to start is our accommodation thread (go the more recent pages obv) and here. Also here is an off campus housing list

Thank you soo much jpcarlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SB10123456

Jenny101 wrote: »
    Name: Jen
    Course: science
    Interests: music, films, going out,

Got on campus accomodation in village, anyone know what it's like?

So is the maths supposed really hard? :/

Yay more science people :) well the guy up there ^^^ says its ok so hopefully we'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 j.a.m.i.e

Name: Jamie
    Course: Science (Probably Maths, Computer Science, Biology and something else)

Got Village Apartments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

Name: Fionnuala
    Course: Law and Arts (might do business and politics/history, still not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Name: Fionnuala
    Course: Law and Arts (might do business and politics/history, still not sure)
    A person from Longford, studying Law? My sweet jesus. Sup Fionnuala? I'm David going to study Law & Business in NUIM! :D.. I went to school in the Convent Ballymahon, did you go to Longford? I don't recognise the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Clever_Cat_

Encie wrote: »
    Name: Nicole

Course: Music

Interests: music (surprise, surprise), reading, tv, all that stuff.

basically signed up to introduce myself, and because I didnt get on-campus I'm now looking for off-campus accommodation!

Also interested in finding out who else is gonna be doing the bmus with me :D

Im doing music through ARTS ... and also looking for of-campus accomodation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 baconegg

Im doing music through ARTS ... and also looking for of-campus accomodation :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056734214

join us :D check it out :)

A person from Longford, studying Law? My sweet jesus. Sup Fionnuala? I'm David going to study Law & Business in NUIM! :D.. I went to school in the Convent Ballymahon, did you go to Longford? I don't recognise the name!

Howiya David! I'm not a regular on boards but I'm trying to to become familiar with it. I went to school in Moyne. Believe it or not, I lived nearby Ballymahon during the weekends during the leaving cert year so I could study in peace! Nice to see someone else from Longford going to NUIM for law. :D

• Advertisement

Howiya David! I'm not a regular on boards but I'm trying to to become familiar with it. I went to school in Moyne. Believe it or not, I lived nearby Ballymahon during the weekends during the leaving cert year so I could study in peace! Nice to see someone else from Longford going to NUIM for law. :D
    Awh Moyne, great school! I don't know many from it though! Have you applied for campus or are you commuting or what's your plan for the next year? :)

Awh Moyne, great school! I don't know many from it though! Have you applied for campus or are you commuting or what's your plan for the next year? :)

I'll miss the place to be honest. Really looking forward to Maynooth though! I'll be staying on campus. I got the village apartments.

I'll miss the place to be honest. Really looking forward to Maynooth though! I'll be staying on campus. I got the village apartments.
    Ugh, I couldn't wait to get out of the Convent in Ballymahon, total kip that place was! :/.. And good, I got River (Carrick Hall <3) so i'm delighted with that! Do you know many from Ballymahon no?

Ugh, I couldn't wait to get out of the Convent in Ballymahon, total kip that place was! :/.. And good, I got River (Carrick Hall <3) so i'm delighted with that! Do you know many from Ballymahon no?

Ah it couldn't have been that bad! I wouldn't know many from Ballymahon. My Dad's from Abbeyshrule so that's my only link to South Longford :)

Ah it couldn't have been that bad! I wouldn't know many from Ballymahon. My Dad's from Abbeyshrule so that's my only link to South Longford :)
    It was, believe me! :L

It was, believe me! :L

I'd say you can't wait to get to Maynooth so! Are you from Ballymahon yourself? I'm from Colmcille :)

I'd say you can't wait to get to Maynooth so! Are you from Ballymahon yourself? I'm from Colmcille :)

Nope i'm not, i'm from Legan. About 25 minutes away! :D

Nope i'm not, i'm from Legan. About 25 minutes away! :D

I know the place. It's only lately that I managed to navigate my way from Legan to Abbeyshrule without getting lost along the way...

I know the place. It's only lately that I managed to navigate my way from Legan to Abbeyshrule without getting lost along the way...

You HAVE to sample some of our finest delicacies from the chip van parked in the church carpark from Friday-Sunday nights.. <3

:pac: It's the randomest thing ever..

I'm in Abbeyshrule at least once a week so I'll definitely try some of their chips... I might actually be there tomorrow... I'll put it on the to-do list anyway!

• Advertisement

I would advise it! :D Get their chicken nuggets too, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3..

Really? I can't believe I've let my Dad drive by it all this time. I feel as though I've missed out. Any reviews on their kebabs??

Really? I can't believe I've let my Dad drive by it all this time. I feel as though I've missed out. Any reviews on their kebabs??

omg, you've missed out.. big time..

And sadly i've never had one, their burgers aren't the best though i'd stay away from them. And oh, if you like curry sauce they give you a big serving for 1e..

And omg, we've spent the last like page talking about food! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

I'm in Abbeyshrule at least once a week so I'll definitely try some of their chips... I might actually be there tomorrow... I'll put it on the to-do list anyway!

Guys, sorry to interrupt, but you're making me hungry! and curious about this famous chip shop in longford..

Guys, sorry to interrupt, but you're making me hungry! and curious about this famous chip shop in longford..

It's in a van, lawd :D It sounds great though. I've decided that I'm going to walk to Legan, eat my fill seeing as I'll be wrecked and then burn off some of the calories on my walk home!

And omg, we've spent the last like page talking about food! :L

I hadn't even noticed *wipes drool*

I hadn't even noticed *wipes drool*

Now what you need to try are the deep fried sugar doughnuts on O'Connell street in Dublin...pure heaven like!

Now what you need to try are the deep fried sugar doughnuts on O'Connell street in Dublin...pure heaven like!

Are those the ones that are served from a conservatory/window type shop front? Because if so, they nearly made me sick from all of the grease!

Are those the ones that are served from a conservatory/window type shop front? Because if so, they nearly made me sick from all of the grease!

Yes, they are. :confused: Really? how many did you have? I feel sick too after two..but now I want them..

• Advertisement

Yes, they are. :confused: Really? how many did you have? I feel sick too after two..but now I want them..

Just the one. My hands were covered in grease, the napkin was saturated. It was all too much... :O

Advertisement