Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

Just the one. My hands were covered in grease, the napkin was saturated. It was all too much... :O

I've never had them like that before.God, no wonder you felt sick! I wonder what the food is like in Maynooh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Folks lets watch our quoting please, you're all getting broken quotes which look terrible. Check your reply before you post. Make sure what you said is after the [ /Quote ] and what the person you're replying to said is between the [ quote ] and the [ /quote ] I have fixed any posts that had broken quotes in them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minhols

Nope, Best people ever! Eh, I live two minutes away from a luas which will drop me to connolly...I'll get over it :P I'm studying european studies..seems like I'm on my own on this :P What about you?

Yeah I live in walkinstown so I'm going to either get a bus then a train, or a bus and then another bus. I had European studies down as my next choice! You won't be on your own when you get there :) plus, the language classes you as part of European studies you do with people who are taking that language as part of arts or whatever so you'll meet loads of new people...

I'm doing arts - Spanish, English and psychology ...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

I've never had them like that before.God, no wonder you felt sick! I wonder what the food is like in Maynooh..

Well, I've been only to a few places after open days and such.
    Greenes is really nice. There's always a lovely smell of soup! :)

Picaderos is an Argentinian place. I got a really nice wrap there and the nachos were incredible.

Cafe Bon Bon-All I've ever had there is coffee, but it was also lovely :D

And that's all I can say regarding food.

minhols wrote: »
    Yeah I live in walkinstown so I'm going to either get a bus then a train, or a bus and then another bus. I had European studies down as my next choice! You won't be on your own when you get there :) plus, the language classes you as part of European studies you do with people who are taking that language as part of arts or whatever so you'll meet loads of new people...

I'm doing arts - Spanish, English and psychology ...

Walkinstown, no way! I live in Crumlin :P Yeah I know,still, be nice to bond with others before I get there ^^ Oh yeah I would be! (who's doing french?) Not so bad then :P Ah, won't be in any of your classes then :P But nice combo!

• Advertisement

Well, I've been only to a few places after open days and such.
    Greenes is really nice. There's always a lovely smell of soup! :)

Picaderos is an Argentinian place. I got a really nice wrap there and the nachos were incredible.

Cafe Bon Bon-All I've ever had there is coffee, but it was also lovely :D

And that's all I can say regarding food.

I never stayed in Maynooth for that long! The open day was also my birthday so I left pretty quickly to celebrate... :P I also wonder the canteen food..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SB10123456

I hadn't even noticed *wipes drool*

Now what you need to try are the deep fried sugar doughnuts on O'Connell street in Dublin...pure heaven like!

They are possibly the nicest donuts going! LOVE that place <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Chill is the nicest place to eat on campus imo (in the same building as the SU/bar/venue). Crepes! And they have the nicest bread. And huuuuuge mugs for tea. The nicest hot chocolate on campus are from the Nescafé machines (ones in common room and arts block - pick "extra creamy hot chocolate"). Only a euro, and they're unrayyyyyyyyyyyl! Bewleys in the arts block do nice coffee.

Those donuts from the hatch on O'Connell Street are gorge! Had one for breakfast earlier :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AspiringWriter

Name: Laura
    Interests: Reading, listening to music. watching films, having chats about random stuff, laughing etc.
    Course: English with. . . eh I'm not sure yet haha! Maybe psychology or sociology!
    I got into the village apartments and I am extremely nervous about September and making new friends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Seren_ wrote: »
    Chill is the nicest place to eat on campus imo (in the same building as the SU/bar/venue). Crepes! And they have the nicest bread. And huuuuuge mugs for tea. The nicest hot chocolate on campus are from the Nescafé machines (ones in common room and arts block - pick "extra creamy hot chocolate"). Only a euro, and they're unrayyyyyyyyyyyl! Bewleys in the arts block do nice coffee.

Those donuts from the hatch on O'Connell Street are gorge! Had one for breakfast earlier :o

CREPES!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Hey, I was wondering if orientation is that important? At least the first day where I don't register...I've a friends debs the day before and by looks of it I won't be drinking or arriving in Maynooth either still intoxicated or severely hungover..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shady93

Hi everyone!

Name: Siobhan

Course: Psychology!

Interests: Reading, Swimming, Cinema, Music

Just wondering is anyone here doing the HEAR launchpad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hey, I was wondering if orientation is that important? At least the first day where I don't register...I've a friends debs the day before and by looks of it I won't be drinking or arriving in Maynooth either still intoxicated or severely hungover..
    it's not hugely important, but it's a good way to get to meet people on your course and find out about services on campus and stuff. The tour is also really useful. You can always head to the talks/join up with a tour on the day you register though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grumpydarling

Name: Rebecca
    Course: Arts - English, French, and either anthropology or philosophy.
    Interests: Reading, writing, watching films, Doctor Who, generally being amazing.

Super excited! Especially for the Harry Potter society. It was genuinely a factor in my putting down Maynooth on my CAO.

Name: Rebecca
    Course: Arts - English, French, and either anthropology or philosophy.
    Interests: Reading, writing, watching films, Doctor Who, generally being amazing.

Super excited! Especially for the Harry Potter society. It was genuinely a factor in my putting down Maynooth on my CAO.

Same! Harry Potter nerd for life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Seems to be a lot of first years like myself who didnt get on campus accommodation and are worried about meeting other first years. Perhaps us boards members should meet up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shady93

Just wondering if anyone got the River apartment, I'm in the Liffey building!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 marmaladejars

Seren_ wrote: »

this talk of hot chocolate has made me look forward to maynooth more than anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DearOhDear

Same Paris outrage, haven't heard of one other BBL apart from myself! :(

I'm doing Law (BCL) with Arts if that's any consolation? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

this talk of hot chocolate has made me look forward to maynooth more than anything :D

Me toooooooooooo <3.. I shall be seen there on Orientation day..
    DearOhDear wrote: »
    I'm doing Law (BCL) with Arts if that's any consolation? (:

Woo! Another Law buddy! :D.. Are you staying on campus?
    Shady93 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone got the River apartment, I'm in the Liffey building!

I did! <3 in Carrick though! Haven't heard of anyone else in Carrick! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shakeshake

Encie wrote: »
    Name: Nicole

Course: Music

Interests: music (surprise, surprise), reading, tv, all that stuff.

basically signed up to introduce myself, and because I didnt get on-campus I'm now looking for off-campus accommodation!

Also interested in finding out who else is gonna be doing the bmus with me :D

FINALLY ANOTHER BMUS STUDENT!!
    So excited...!

Name: Lydia
    Doing music....
    Like music? lol

Woo! Another Law buddy! :D.. Are you staying on campus?

Nope but I live about ten minutes away from the campus! :D I actually considered it though, I'm lazy but not that lazy :L You'll absolutely love Maynooth, beast of a town!

Nope but I live about ten minutes away from the campus! :D I actually considered it though, I'm lazy but not that lazy :L You'll absolutely love Maynooth, beast of a town!

It's a beautiful place <3..

It's a beautiful place <3..

It'll be even more beautiful once we all get there :p I assume that I'll be seeing you in group 3 for orientation? I'll be the one wandering around asking 'are you David?' to each passer-by :L

It'll be even more beautiful once we all get there :p I assume that I'll be seeing you in group 3 for orientation? I'll be the one wandering around asking 'are you David?' to each passer-by :L
    You will indeed! What's your name so I can know who this randomer is asking me if i'm me.. :P

You will indeed! What's your name so I can know who this randomer is asking me if i'm me.. :P

Hope you don't mind, but I've just PM'd you! :)

Hope you don't mind, but I've just PM'd you! :)
    I've replied! :D.. Good investigating work btw! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

Name: Laura
    Interests: Reading, listening to music. watching films, having chats about random stuff, laughing etc.
    Course: English with. . . eh I'm not sure yet haha! Maybe psychology or sociology!
    I got into the village apartments and I am extremely nervous about September and making new friends :(

I'm also going to be in Village. I got Riordan. :)

I'm also going to be in Village. I got Riordan. :)

omg, please don't think i'm a stalker :p, but I think I may know who you are.. :L.. Not know you persay, but know your name like! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Bassadd

Hey guys, what's up? :)

Name: Adam
    Course: Music Technology possibly with business and philosophy
    Interest: Music, and lots of it, films and general banter

Advertisement