Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

I'm also going to be in Village. I got Riordan. :)

omg, please don't think i'm a stalker :p, but I think I may know who you are.. :L.. Not know you persay, but know your name like! :pac:

I'm not scared at all...What is it that you think my name is and how is it that you came to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aine4444

Hey, I got Village apartments too. Did they assign you to Riordan ya? I've only been told I'm in Village, nothing else. Just curious as to when they'll tell me :)

Aine4444 wrote: »

Hey, I got Village apartments too. Did they assign you to Riordan ya? I've only been told I'm in Village, nothing else. Just curious as to when they'll tell me :)

I wasn't sure where they'd assigned me to either but when they email you with login details for tcas (I think it's called tcas-it's where you pay your deposit etc anyway) and when you login to pay it'll have the exact details about the name, apartment number and room number :)

I wasn't sure where they'd assigned me to either but when they email you with login details for tcas (I think it's called tcas-it's where you pay your deposit etc anyway) and when you login to pay it'll have the exact details about the name, apartment number and room number :)

Thanks a mil :) I got into it there. I'm in Mullin :) cool that we get our room numbers and all, only hitting me about now that I'm going to college :D

Thanks a mil :) I got into it there. I'm in Mullin :) cool that we get our room numbers and all, only hitting me about now that I'm going to college :D

It's really odd, isn't it? I went around all Summer saying "it'll hit me when I get my results". Got the results and it still didn't feel right. Even now with the offers and getting campus I still find myself thinking about going back to school. I still have my school uniform. I really should get rid of it :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

Awhh was hoping for a Carricker </3

Name: Tara
    Course: Community and Youth Work
    Interests: anything that involves a bit of crack and tea.

I got Carrick too. I am Carrick - Apartment No 5 - C

:)

It's really odd, isn't it? I went around all Summer saying "it'll hit me when I get my results". Got the results and it still didn't feel right. Even now with the offers and getting campus I still find myself thinking about going back to school. I still have my school uniform. I really should get rid of it :')

Haha I'm the exact same. Still have the uniform and all my books - I was full sure I was repeating. Need to get rid of them all! I'm so unorganised it's crazy :L

Btw, could anyone tell me do you use the leaving cert play books like Hamlet and them for Arts in English? And what are the novels? Thanks :)

Haha I'm the exact same. Still have the uniform and all my books - I was full sure I was repeating. Need to get rid of them all! I'm so unorganised it's crazy :L

Btw, could anyone tell me do you use the leaving cert play books like Hamlet and them for Arts in English? And what are the novels? Thanks :)

I've sold nearly all of my books. It's very therapeutic, a great way to get the LC out of the system :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I've sold nearly all of my books. It's very therapeutic, a great way to get the LC out of the system :P

I burned mine - lit a fire in a barrel out and one by one ripped my books up and burned them, along with my notes and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DearOhDear

DylanII wrote: »
    I burned mine - lit a fire in a barrel out and one by one ripped my books up and burned them, along with my notes and everything else.

I admire you already.

• Advertisement

Well that beats my form of post LC therapy. It probably felt great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

tazmcn wrote: »

I lived in that apartment for 2 years!!! You're in my friend Jessie's old room :pac: I wonder are our fridge magnets still on the fridge? It has great stalking windows - you get a great view of everything haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

SB10123456 wrote: »
    Hey I might be looking for accommodation too, also doing science :) if I find anything good I'll let ya know

Hey! I got accommodation today! Good luck finding yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

baconegg wrote: »
    Name - Karen
    Age - 17
    From - Sligo

i didn't get on campus so i'm also looking for off campus.. how exactly are you meant to find a house to live in :P? someone told me to ring a landlord and ask for a room ? majorly confused!

That's what you do! Lists of landlords available from the university :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

So glad I'll be living at home haha. Seeing you all like headless chickens trying to find somewhere to live is frightening.....although quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

[/SIZE]
    loser2k12 wrote: »
    So glad I'll be living at home haha. Seeing you all like headless chickens trying to find somewhere to live is frightening.....although quite funny.

Headless chickens being hilarious, once you're not looking at more than a commute over 9000 hours, living at home is actually great, esp for first year, great advice is to get involved with a few clubs and societies there are lots of commuter friendly meets and activities, It's hard to walk into a club or society for the first time when you know almost no one, but everyone done it at some stage, you will be surprised how lovely all us nooth folk can be, and all these first steps are really hard, but worth it. Go to fairs day ( and join Juggling, no need for coordination or balance or skill, we dont have any) this is where you can join all fantastic societies and clubs Maynooth has to offer, if you can't find something that you love I will literally physically eat my hat(not even messing, ask people, I've done it)
    Clubs and Socs Fairs Day is Wednesday 26th September

Join with a friend, old or brand new, clubs and societies are easiest way to meet people and thus know people who are living in maynooth, alakazam: a couch for a night. literally as good as! Commuting is just as much fun as being a headless chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

DearOhDear wrote: »
    I admire you already.

Thats normal, Im pratically a God :rolleyes:
    Well that beats my form of post LC therapy. It probably felt great though!

It was a whole year ago, but from what I remember it was great - be careful if you're doing that though, I almost burned my graduation photo!

Might get round to this tomorrow! Ripping up some vile Irish notes and essays seems like a good way to kick off a Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

Anyone in River? (Hurley)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Name: Diarmuid
    Course: Maths Education
    Interests: Football, music, reading, tennis, cinema, TV.

Got accomodation in Village appartments, riordan building. Haven't seen anyone doing same course, probably share lectures with science students doing maths. What's night life like in Maynooth does anyone know? Fake ID could be coming in handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Yay :) I take it your name is mark?
    Oh so your changin course?
    Yeah it is :P your name? EHm, well yeah that's the game plan anyway :3

I'm doing CSSE too. :cool:

See you there!

I PROPOSE BEERS FOR THE SCIENCE KIDS AFTER ORIENTATION!

(so we can get to know each other of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Anyone know if there are any houses or apartments in Maynooth were you can just walk in and view the house without making an appt. ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm not scared at all...What is it that you think my name is and how is it that you came to find it?

Your first name and Doyle? I'm sorry, that's soooooooo creepy! But I was on the NUIM Law page and I searched through people that had like it and were from Longford and I noticed your first name and assumed it was you :o.. Sorry that is so creepy! :pac:
    tazmcn wrote: »

A Carrickerrrrrrrrrrrrr. Yes, at long last! And i'm liking the sound of your interests up there! I'm in Apartment No 7- D

Your first name and Doyle? I'm sorry, that's soooooooo creepy! But I was on the NUIM Law page and I searched through people that had like it and were from Longford and I noticed your first name and assumed it was you :o.. Sorry that is so creepy! :pac:

That's me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Name: Gar
    Course: Computer Science (MH203)
    Interests: Badminton, Computers & Technology, Motorsports.

That's me :)

soz for the big creep-out **note to self: stalking will not help you make friends.. :pac:

soz for the big creep-out **note to self: stalking will not help you make friends.. :pac:

It's grand. It's actually reassuring that someone else from Longford is going to do law. I have school friends going to Maynooth for different courses but none are going to do law so at least I (sort of) know someone!

It's grand. It's actually reassuring that someone else from Longford is going to do law. I have school friends going to Maynooth for different courses but none are going to do law so at least I (sort of) know someone!
    A girl I went to school with is doing the Law (BCL) and Arts course! So i'll know a couple anyway! :P But it's great to know a couple of people anyway!

A girl I went to school with is doing the Law (BCL) and Arts course! So i'll know a couple anyway! :P But it's great to know a couple of people anyway!

I'm the only person from my year who's going to do law...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 SB10123456

marko93 wrote: »
    Yay :) I take it your name is mark?
    Oh so your changin course?
    Yeah it is :P your name? EHm, well yeah that's the game plan anyway :3

I'm doing CSSE too. :cool:

See you there!

I PROPOSE BEERS FOR THE SCIENCE KIDS AFTER ORIENTATION!

(so we can get to know each other of course)

I second that! :)

Advertisement