Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm the only person from my year who's going to do law...

Really? Yeah there's just the 2 of us from my school and we're both heading to NUIM! <3.. Have you picked your Arts subjects yet?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 marmaladejars

anyone planning to do german or psychology in arts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

anyone planning to do german or psychology in arts? :)

you're on the hunt for some friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Really? Yeah there's just the 2 of us from my school and we're both heading to NUIM! <3.. Have you picked your Arts subjects yet?

Same in my school but the other guy is in trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

I'm the only person from my year who's going to do law...

No, I wasn't aware you could pick your subjects yet. Do you know where I go to pick them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

No, I wasn't aware you could pick your subjects yet. Do you know where I go to pick them??

I think they more meant decided what you want to do, rather than register your choices with the college. All the subjects are in the CAO book if you need them.

GarIT wrote: »

I think they more meant decided what you want to do, rather than register your choices with the college. All the subjects are in the CAO book if you need them.

Oh thank God! I was starting to panic :( but yes, I've almost decided. It's going to be law, business and politics or law, business and history!

Oh thank God! I was starting to panic :( but yes, I've almost decided. It's going to be law, business and politics or law, business and history!

Law & Business! Woooooooooooooo! :D I'd say Business will be amazing in College! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Has anyone heard anything from NUIM yet? I'm still waiting patiently... :rolleyes:

Law & Business! Woooooooooooooo! :D I'd say Business will be amazing in College! :D

Are you going to take internship between 2nd and 3rd year ?

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from NUIM yet? I'm still waiting patiently... :rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything Niall, we'll probably hear at some stage this week! You looking forward to it? I can't wait to meet my MBBFL! :P

angela1711 wrote: »
    Are you going to take internship between 2nd and 3rd year ?

I'll more than likely study in Cambridge or Boston if I have the funds for it. One of my family friends is studying in Boston University this year after doing 2 years of a BCL with Sociology!

If I don't have the money saved I definitely will though! A years work experience is vital with the job market the way it is! I'm David btw, i'm assuming you're Angela? I vaguely remember you from the L.C. Forum!

Haven't heard anything Niall, we'll probably hear at some stage this week! You looking forward to it? I can't wait to meet my MBBFL! :P

CAN'T WAIT! :D
    I'm so excited to start and meet new people! Oh yes, I'm counting down the minutes till our first meeting! ;):pac:

CAN'T WAIT! :D
    I'm so excited to start and meet new people! Oh yes, I'm counting down the minutes till our first meeting! ;):pac:

You'll be sad to hear i'm sure that i've gone off Coffee </3.. It gives me heartburn and the doctor was all like: 'stop drinking it, seriously'. So Tea will have to suffice when we first meet for me unfortunately! </3..

What days are your orientation?

I'll more than likely study in Cambridge or Boston if I have the funds for it. One of my family friends is studying in Boston University this year after doing 2 years of a BCL with Sociology!

If I don't have the money saved I definitely will though! A years work experience is vital with the job market the way it is! I'm David btw, i'm assuming you're Angela? I vaguely remember you from the L.C. Forum!

Cool :D yep I'm Angela. I do remember you from the LC Forum as well and all your posts about LC business :P I can't wait for the college to start ^^

Cool :D yep I'm Angela. I do remember you from the LC Forum as well and all your posts about LC business :P I can't wait for the college to start ^^

Awhhhhh L.C. Business, we were best friends for a while, practically married when I got an A1 in a mock, sadly it didn't work out and we had to prematurely end our relationship when he decided to give me a B1 in the Leaving... :( :pac:

I still love it though! :D

You'll be sad to hear i'm sure that i've gone off Coffee </3.. It gives me heartburn and the doctor was all like: 'stop drinking it, seriously'. So Tea will have to suffice when we first meet for me unfortunately! </3..

What days are your orientation?

Oh nevermind, Tea will do just fine! I equally adore tea! :D

Em, Wednesday 12th, Thurs 13th and Friday 14th.

I really hope it is. I want to do some more research before I finalise my choice. I didn't think I'd get the Maths requirement because I was convinced I'd failed Maths but it's all good thankfully!

Awhhhhh L.C. Business, we were best friends for a while, practically married when I got an A1 in a mock, sadly it didn't work out and we had to prematurely end our relationship when he decided to give me a B1 in the Leaving... :( :pac:

I still love it though! :D

You had definitely deserved your A1 and it is so annoying when you had worked so hard and than got a B1 in the Leaving... I was expecting a B1/B2 and got C1 :/ wtf ? I was thinking about viewing the script and perhaps appealing it but when I got to Maynooth I don't care about it anymore.

Awh cool. I'm moving into my place on the 9th, Orientation is the 10th/11th, I might see you on the 12th if i'm still around the campus that day!
    I really hope it is. I want to do some more research before I finalise my choice. I didn't think I'd get the Maths requirement because I was convinced I'd failed Maths but it's all good thankfully!

The lecturers are all meant to be really good, funny and all! I loved the Business lecturer at the open day, he was hilarious!
    You had definitely deserved your A1 and it is so annoying when you had worked so hard and than got a B1 in the Leaving... I was expecting a B1/B2 and got C1 :/ wtf ? I was thinking about viewing the script and perhaps appealing it but when I got to Maynooth I don't care about it anymore.

I'm still getting mine rechecked! Viewing the scripts and getting it rechecked!

• Advertisement

Awh cool. I'm moving into my place on the 9th, Orientation is the 10th/11th, I might see you on the 12th if i'm still around the campus that day!

The lecturers are all meant to be really good, funny and all! I loved the Business lecturer at the open day, he was hilarious!

I'm still getting mine rechecked! Viewing the scripts and getting it rechecked!

How did you guys find out when orientation is??

Yeah! We'll keep in touch about days and times.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

It's really odd, isn't it? I went around all Summer saying "it'll hit me when I get my results". Got the results and it still didn't feel right. Even now with the offers and getting campus I still find myself thinking about going back to school. I still have my school uniform. I really should get rid of it :')

Nah don't get rid of your uniform. What me and my mates intend to do is on Halloween, to wear our uniforms St. Trinian style :) They're up for it too because they're all off to Limerick and Galway. I may be on my lonesome but making new friends is all part of the college experience :)

How did you guys find out when orientation is??

http://studentservices.nuim.ie/sites/studentservices.nuim.ie/files/documents/Orientation%20Guide.pdf

You'll get that booklet in the post in the coming days anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

There seems to be a good few doing business here! :D
    I know it's far away but is any other business student slightly worried about the accounting module in 2nd year? I'm afraid there's gonna be loads of LC Accounting students who'll fly through it whilst I struggle to remember the bits of bookkeeping I studied for the Junior Cert! :eek: (I always did the theory questions back then!)

Geo10 wrote: »
    There seems to be a good few doing business here! :D
    I know it's far away but is any other business student slightly worried about the accounting module in 2nd year? I'm afraid there's gonna be loads of LC Accounting students who'll fly through it whilst I struggle to remember the bits of bookkeeping I studied for the Junior Cert! :eek: (I always did the theory questions back then!)

Yes, I'm worried about it too ! I've done both business and accounting for the LC but I hated acc :/ it was so boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

Woo! Hello fellow maynoothians :P

So excited to start and meet some of you lovely people.
    Going to be doing business, chinese studies and spanish through arts. Anyone else doing them subjects?
    There seems to be a good few doing business here!
    I know it's far away but is any other business student slightly worried about the accounting module in 2nd year? I'm afraid there's gonna be loads of LC Accounting students who'll fly through it whilst I struggle to remember the bits of bookkeeping I studied for the Junior Cert! (I always did the theory questions back then!)

I'm not looking forward to accountancy either, absolutely detest it in JC. But i'm sure we won't be the only ones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PowKitty wrote: »
    Woo! Hello fellow maynoothians :P

So excited to start and meet some of you lovely people.
    Going to be doing business, chinese studies and spanish through arts.
    I look forward to being employed by you 10 years from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

Is anybody commuting from Dublin and wants a train buddy? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Is anybody commuting from Dublin and wants a train buddy? :D

I'll be getting the bus, we can share the long walks to the college though :p

Advertisement