Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

GarIT wrote: »
    I'll be getting the bus, we can share the long walks to the college though :p

The bus? That takes ages! But yeah, okay. But doesn't the bus stop right outsie the college? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The bus? That takes ages! But yeah, okay. But doesn't the bus stop right outsie the college? :P

Nope, I only get on the bus for about 5 mins to save a 30 min walk, because of where I'm coming from the last stop is the turning circle just after the train station.

Nope, I only get on the bus for about 5 mins to save a 30 min walk, because of where I'm coming from the last stop is the turning circle just after the train station.

Oh, okay. I'll most likely be the person with their head stuck in a map with a look of complete bewilderment on her face haha.

Oh, okay. I'll most likely be the person with their head stuck in a map with a look of complete bewilderment on her face haha.

Have you been to Maynooth before? Its pretty easy, leave the train station walk down the road to the village, turn left, then turn right at the shopping center walk a bit and the college is on your left.

The walk isn't too bad less than 10 mins, but its a horrible walk when you know you are late.

The problem arises when you get to the college, then you get lost. :P

Have you been to Maynooth before? Its pretty easy, leave the train station walk down the road to the village, turn left, then turn right at the shopping center walk a bit and the college is on your left.

The walk isn't too bad less than 10 mins, but its a horrible walk when you know you are late.

The problem arises when you get to the college, then you get lost. :P

I have, but I've always gotten a lift there. Haven't spent much time in the actual town.Oh really? just 10 minutes?

Aha, I know! But sure, we won't be the only ones wandering around lost :P

• Advertisement

I have, but I've always gotten a lift there. Haven't spent much time in the actual town.Oh really? just 10 minutes?

Aha, I know! But sure, we won't be the only ones wandering around lost :P

Is that sarcastic or serious? :confused: It looks like a long walk but it gets shorter as you walk it :cool:

I'll be lost forever. :( My cousin is going too and he says that I'm not allowed have a map if I'm with him cause we're too cool to be seen with maps :cool:

Is that sarcastic or serious? :confused: It looks like a long walk but it gets shorter as you walk it :cool:

I'll be lost forever. :( My cousin is going too and he says that I'm not allowed have a map if I'm with him cause we're too cool to be seen with maps :cool:

No, it wasn't sarcasm :P I was geniunely surprised that it's just 10 minutes. As you said, it looks like an aweflly long walk on the map :rolleyes:

Haha well you'll find your way! Or at least, you'll know your way around where you're supposed to be :P What are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dun na ngall abu

Hey I am another student from Donegal who has applied for campus but didn't get it:confused: I am like 37 on the waiting list and have heard of 8 cancellations so far and was just wondering has any1 else heard of other cancellations or know like what the chances are of getting on campus from the waiting list. Really annoyed as the rest of my friends have all got campus:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I really don't understand why people who live far away from Maynooth don't get priority re: campus accom? Like I've heard of people from Leixlip who got campus and people from Kerry who didn't - it doesn't really make sense!

Seren_ wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people who live far away from Maynooth don't get priority re: campus accom? Like I've heard of people from Leixlip who got campus and people from Kerry who didn't - it doesn't really make sense!

No,it doesn't. I know UCD do it that way. I got accom but didn't accept it and I live like, 20 minutes away by car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Name: Gar
    Course: Computer Science (MH203)
    Interests: Badminton, Computers & Technology, Motorsports.

Great to see another petrolhead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jessieg20

Hi guys! Im jessie im 20(almost21) and starting in arts ill be alot older than most! Il be commuting from celbridge! Wondering is there by any chance anyone else doing this?! Neeeeervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

Another Star Wars fan... there is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Jessieg20 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Im jessie im 20(almost21) and starting in arts ill be alot older than most! Il be commuting from celbridge! Wondering is there by any chance anyone else doing this?! Neeeeervous!

There'll probably be plenty of people your age and older in the year.

No, it wasn't sarcasm :P I was geniunely surprised that it's just 10 minutes. As you said, it looks like an aweflly long walk on the map :rolleyes:

Haha well you'll find your way! Or at least, you'll know your way around where you're supposed to be :P What are you studying?

It really depends on the lights in the village, when its busy crossing the road could take a bit of waiting, unless you decide to just run out.

Computer Science, you?

I'm commuting from Celbridge :)

Me and a few mates were going to start a motorsport club. It would just be things like days out go-karting and days in the pub watching F1 etc together so join if you see it. :)

It really depends on the lights in the village, when its busy crossing the road could take a bit of waiting, unless you decide to just run out.

Computer Science, you?

Yeah, I'd be the type to just run out :P

European studies, seems like I'm on my own haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

I'm doing the same :)...doing arts and I'm 21

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AspiringWriter

I'm also going to be in Village. I got Riordan. :)
    Aine4444 wrote: »
    Hey, I got Village apartments too. Did they assign you to Riordan ya? I've only been told I'm in Village, nothing else. Just curious as to when they'll tell me :)

Same here, all I know is I got village? :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm commuting from Celbridge :)

O awesome I take it its the number 67?! Does it drop near the college atal do u know?!

ceol1991 wrote: »
    I'm doing the same :)...doing arts and I'm 21

Awh thank god do u feel as nervous as me?! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

O awesome I take it its the number 67?! Does it drop near the college atal do u know?!

67 leaves you outside the train station :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Me and a few mates were going to start a motorsport club. It would just be things like days out go-karting and days in the pub watching F1 etc together so join if you see it. :)
    I wanna do go karting o.o

Nope, train station, its maybe a 10 min walk.
    marko93 wrote: »
    I wanna do go karting o.o

I'll post in the Forum when its ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I'll post in the Forum when its ready.

YAAAAY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

Hey fellow first years ;)

Name: Rachel
    Course: Arts - Geography, English and possibly Irish? Anyone else doing any of these? xD Anyone know what the reading list is like for English, and what Irish is gonna be like? Bit scared of it!
    Interests: Reading, writing, music, cycling.. Blah blah blah.. HP Soc anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 boodles

Heading to Maynooth tomorrow to look for accommodation, didnt get campus - gutted:mad:

Anyone have any tips for searching, what is best approach! Any advice would be great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Anyone know how strict the pubs around maynooth are for us 17 year olds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

RachEnnis wrote: »
    Hey fellow first years ;)

Name: Rachel
    Course: Arts - Geography, English and possibly Irish? Anyone else doing any of these? xD Anyone know what the reading list is like for English, and what Irish is gonna be like? Bit scared of it!
    Interests: Reading, writing, music, cycling.. Blah blah blah.. HP Soc anyone?
    I'm doing English too! No idea what the reading list is like but I've been told it's pretty massive! There's a few recommendations on the English website for NUIM to get you started though :)http://english.nuim.ie/prospective-students

Advertisement