Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Shinato wrote: »
    Is this actually part of the reading list or 'recommendations'? If it's part of the list I'll start today :D But I'll be sickened if I go to a lecture and get entirely different texts to read :P
    Haven't a clue, but sure if they're suggesting we make a start on these maybe they're making a few hints to lessen the load :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I imagine they'll be what you're studying! But I don't know if you'll be doing the novels in semester 1? I think it's poetry in sem 1 and drama/novels in sem 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Seren_ wrote: »
    I imagine they'll be what you're studying! But I don't know if you'll be doing the novels in semester 1? I think it's poetry in sem 1 and drama/novels in sem 2.
    Is it sad that I'm really quite excited for my first English lecture? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Not at all! I remember I couldn't wait either ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jason1994

Fogman wrote: »
    Anyone in River? (Hurley)
    Yeah me too :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

nope, its gonna be full of ****z n' gigglez :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

I hope not because I'm so excitied... and I think I like it... :P

I don't think that the HP soc was a huge success last year so I'll join the Disney soc instead :) That's another thing that's gonna be so cool :)

I love the thought of aload of 18, 19, 20 year olds in a room watching disney :D

Name: Jason
    Course: Theoretical physics and maths. is anyone else doing this course havnt seen a single other person say they are :confused:
    Interests: Hurling, football, reading, drinking, cars

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Jason1994 wrote: »
    Name: Jason
    Course: Theoretical physics and maths. is anyone else doing this course havnt seen a single other person say they are :confused:
    Interests: Hurling, football, reading, drinking, cars

This is hardly Jason Coyle? :p

chomps_x wrote: »
    This is hardly Jason Coyle? :p

it is :p kelly i tink?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

My Aunt works near Castlepollard if that helps? :P Grand auldd spot! I'm from Legan in Longford myself, anyone know the place? :P

it is :p kelly i tink?????

Hahaha yup it is indeed :D You commuting or staying in maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Timetables are up! Here: https://www.nuim.ie/timetable/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

plumpote wrote: »
    Timetables are up! Here: https://www.nuim.ie/timetable/

Hey how do you get it to work? It's only showing a fraction of my modules on the timetable.

My Aunt works near Castlepollard if that helps? :P Grand auldd spot! I'm from Legan in Longford myself, anyone know the place? :P
    ok cool whereabouts?:) i know where it is thats about all :p

Hahaha yup it is indeed :D You commuting or staying in maynooth?

Staying :) on campus accommodation

Staying :) on campus accommodation

Awh I am well jel! I'm commuting until I make some new friends and hopefully get a house then :D

Awh I am well jel! I'm commuting until I make some new friends and hopefully get a house then :D
    i got one reserved for me :p schoarlship and all that:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Shinato wrote: »
    Hey how do you get it to work? It's only showing a fraction of my modules on the timetable.

What's your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jessieg20

Hey guys i havnt got any letter yet should i be worried?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Jessieg20 wrote: »
    Hey guys i havnt got any letter yet should i be worried?!

No, nobody has. You'll get something next week. I was told that on another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AspiringWriter

Dont worry, I cant wait either ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Can someone who knows what they are doing try to help work out my timetable, im in MH203 comp science + soft eng. I'll be taking engineering and experemental phys, I've tried to work it out myself but it shows up as a 11 hour week, which I don't think can be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lucas14777

I'm doing Biotechnology and I got an extremely short week too. I think it doesn't include like lab work and stuff? I don't know if you have any lab work in your course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jessieg20

Boeing777 wrote: »
    No, nobody has. You'll get something next week. I was told that on another thread.

Oh ok great thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cat15

Lucas14777 wrote: »
    I'm doing Biotechnology and I got an extremely short week too. I think it doesn't include like lab work and stuff? I don't know if you have any lab work in your course though.

me too, would be amazing if we did have nothing on a thurs or fri but I've a feeling my dreams are gonna be crushed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Lucas14777 wrote: »

Yeah the timetable doesn't include labs/tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Does anyone doing General Science know if we get to try out all the subjects before we chose what ones we will be studying? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

I was talking to a guy studying Law & Business in his final year at the Open day, he told me the Accounting was no issue- he was brutal at Maths and had never done Accounting before and said it was a breeze to pass! They show you exactly how to get stuff and how to do the accounts exactly right! Be grand guys, don't be worrying! :D..

Sound. And I've become a creep myself... I think I know your name... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

OMG I think I have Fridays off! I've no lectures on a Friday (I'm doing Geography, Business & Economics)! Unless I have a tutorial on Friday... I'm not going to get my hopes up yet

Advertisement