Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happyturtle

tooler08 wrote: »
    I'm in 3rd year now and when I was in 1st year there was 35 people. You have a pretty much identical course as general science in first year, you do 1 or 2 different chemistry practicles from the rest.
    All the phrama chems got put on the same bench as each other in biology and chemistry labs which is handy. You wont be in a single class with only phrama chems till 2nd year.

17 people changed/droped out from pharma chem between 1st to 2nd year and from people i've talked to the average number who are in 3rd/4th year is only around 8

Hope this helps

Thanks, that helps a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ksk33

Shinato wrote: »
    Nah, I'm thursday and friday. It's so annoying because I'm itchin to go to Maynooth!

Yeah I can't wait to start either! :D

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday :cool:
    Why the 3 days? :O

Anyone else not get their pack in the post yet? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

ksk33 wrote: »
    Anyone else not get their pack in the post yet? :/

I haven't either yet!

• Advertisement

RachEnnis wrote: »
    I haven't either yet!
    It's so annoying, it doesn't feel real yet til I get it!

ksk33 wrote: »
    It's so annoying, it doesn't feel real yet til I get it!

Same for me! I just want to get to Maynooth already and get started! I repeated my LC this year, and I got an offer last year when I did it, but that pack didn't come until the 2nd of sept, so it could possibly be next week before we get them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lumie

I haven't either yet!

No post as of yet, slightly scared it means I've been rejected:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashleigh1994

They were supposedly posted yesterday,today and then some more tomorrow as they go through them so we might have them tomorrow or else it will be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minhols

https://www.nuim.ie/timetable/?

Guys that's my timetable..I have no idea what I'm looking at?! Do I go in for each and everyone of them? I have no idea ...HELP

thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 minhols

Hey!
    I'm Karen, 18, from Kilkenny.
    Studying: Spanish, Business and possibly Philosophy through Arts.
    Got a River Apartment on campus, delighted.
    Interests: music, TV, tennis, modern art, reading, Spanish, anything to do with New York (yet I've never been), Twitter, shopping. :)

Hey! I'm holly! I'm doing Spanish and business through arts too :) btw we are exactly the same...everything you listed in your 'interests' are mine too! I can tell you everything you want to know about new York, and I play tennis too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

minhols wrote: »
    https://www.nuim.ie/timetable/?

Guys that's my timetable..I have no idea what I'm looking at?! Do I go in for each and everyone of them? I have no idea ...HELP

thanks x

First you've got to select your course (It'll start with 1- as you're first year, then whatever course you're doing-arts, science etc)

Then you pick your subjects. Each subject has a code, like NG is Nua-Ghaeilge, FR is French etc.

Then you pick your modules. Depending on the course you're doing, you might have some optional modules.

That should give you the bones of your timetable. You'll still probably have tutorials to add to that, so don't get too excited if you have lots of spaces!

Same for me! I just want to get to Maynooth already and get started! I repeated my LC this year, and I got an offer last year when I did it, but that pack didn't come until the 2nd of sept, so it could possibly be next week before we get them :/
    Yeah I say it'll be here next week. :) I can't wait to start!

Lumie wrote: »
    No post as of yet, slightly scared it means I've been rejected:(
    Don't worry you're not rejected! If you accepted an offer and got a confirmation that you accepted it from CAO then it'll come. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lnavalin

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Welcome to all and to any who come here after this post.
    You'll have gotten into one of the best universities in Ireland (not biased at all ;) ) and will no doubt experience some fantastic times in your time here. Any nerves, queries, tribulations etc can all be solved here if you feel comfortable sharing them and feel free to PM any mods on this forum with any issues if any you experience here and we'll do our best to resolve them :)
    Most of all, enjoy Maynooth, enjoy this forum...there's plenty of craic to be had here.. particularly in our general thread "I can haz general discussion".

Also good job to PictureFrame for starting us off, our last few are buried within the pages of these forums so its nice to see the fresh blood taking the initiative.

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could tell me how the fees are paid, and when should I expect the grant money to be disbursed? I'm kinda freaking out over these two items...
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

I got a letter from Maynooth today telling me to pay my fees..yet I haven't got an info pack yet haha :p By the way,does everything have to be paid online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

lnavalin wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you could tell me how the fees are paid, and when should I expect the grant money to be disbursed? I'm kinda freaking out over these two items...
    Thanks
    http://fees.nuim.ie/bankinfo.shtml
    http://fees.nuim.ie/index.shtml

that should help you i believe

if i remember correctly the grant is split into 3 payments. You get one relatively shortly into the academic year, around mid October... then one in January then April

also click here

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Does anyone have any recommendations in regards to travel costs? i.e Student Travelcard, pay as you go or pay monthly etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 karengrace93

minhols wrote: »
    Hey!
    I'm Karen, 18, from Kilkenny.
    Studying: Spanish, Business and possibly Philosophy through Arts.
    Got a River Apartment on campus, delighted.
    Interests: music, TV, tennis, modern art, reading, Spanish, anything to do with New York (yet I've never been), Twitter, shopping. :)

Hey! I'm holly! I'm doing Spanish and business through arts too :) btw we are exactly the same...everything you listed in your 'interests' are mine too! I can tell you everything you want to know about new York, and I play tennis too ;)

Hi Holly! Oh my God, that's so weird! :) I think we'll get on well. ;) I don't actually play tennis anymore, I just watch it on TV but I really wanna get back into again. I hope someone sets up a tennis club! :) I guess I'll see you in Spanish and Business! Are you living on campus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

RE: The student travelcard, does anyone know if they have a stand at orientation in NUIM that print the travel cards? Or where do you get one from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

RE: The student travelcard, does anyone know if they have a stand at orientation in NUIM that print the travel cards? Or where do you get one from?

Yep, they did last year anyway, just inside the doors of the SU. Be sure to fill out your form right, or you'll have DIT Aungier St on your card.. like some of us! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Can anyone tell me how much a monthly train pass is? Can't seem to find it on the Irish Rail site!

marko93 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much a monthly train pass is? Can't seem to find it on the Irish Rail site!

My friend told me it was 90 euro a month, granted that is from enfield to maynooth, which is only two stops away, but it might give you some indication!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Still no letter yet :rolleyes: What's the delay? :pac:

Still no letter yet :rolleyes: What's the delay? :pac:
    Loads of time! Don't be stressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Bus AND rail commuter is €102 student rate...

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800478C888E4ED5

get your student card at orientation and then get short hop travel card !
    Student union shop probably sells them too

I sound like a broken record don't I.... :pac:

I sound like a broke record don't I.... :pac:
    Not at all! I'd be the same if I wasn't a round 0! Sure be grand! Science right?

Not at all! I'd be the same if I wasn't a round 0! Sure be grand! Science right?

Yeah, Science Education. Not all that different to general science in first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

brian93 wrote: »
    Yep, they did last year anyway, just inside the doors of the SU. Be sure to fill out your form right, or you'll have DIT Aungier St on your card.. like some of us! :o
    Do they give you the form there? :)

Advertisement