Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've yet to hear of anyone staying in my apartment. Carrick No.7

I wana meet yes lioke.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DerekG87

River-Erne-Apt 5.... Job's a good'un!.. Have a solid 600 Taybags ready to brew!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

Just realised I'm staying in a smoking appartment. Ah well, I'm used to being around smokers anyway. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lumie

Darren.993 wrote: »
    Just realised I'm staying in a smoking appartment. Ah well, I'm used to being around smokers anyway. :p

Didn't realise there was smoking apartments? Not very health conscious! A lot of air fresheners and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashleigh1994

Got my welcome pack this morning :D Feels real now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Me too! :D Still doesn't feel real for me though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Schonie wrote: »

Ugh..... :( I didn't! I thought the post was relatively fast where I live but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lumie

Schonie wrote: »
    Boeing777 wrote: »
    Ugh..... :( I didn't! I thought the post was relatively fast where I live but obviously not.

Just heard the letterbox click and there's the yellow envelope. Feels official nowXD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

If it makes you feel any better i've been waiting 3 weeks for a package from Suffolk. That's how bad the post where i live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shady93

DerekG87 wrote: »

Friends? :P

• Advertisement

Shady93 wrote: »

Friends? :P

She's after the Tay!!
    As long as the milks fresh, the 600 bags should have us set for a good Month!

I wanna be friends with the tay guys.. :(

As long as ya can provide your own mug!

Ugh, same! You'll have me over every day for tay if that's ok? I'll bring the sugar ;)

That shall not be a problem! :) I'll even bring the Milk/Sugar! I'm assuming you're Derek? I'm David btw! What are you going to be studying?

That shall not be a problem! :) I'll even bring the Milk/Sugar! I'm assuming you're Derek? I'm David btw! What are you going to be studying?

How are ya man, I'll be studying Science, coming in as a 'mature' student!.. Was in having a scope at d apartments today, they seem decent enough, could do with an owld flatscreen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tara.toomey

hey, does anyone know if we can actually move into the village apartments on sunday when they open of do we have wait till monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 karengrace93

hey, does anyone know if we can actually move into the village apartments on sunday when they open of do we have wait till monday?

Sunday is the first day you can move in, but the lease doesn't start til Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

How are ya man, I'll be studying Science, coming in as a 'mature' student!.. Was in having a scope at d apartments today, they seem decent enough, could do with an owld flatscreen though!
    Did you come through access? just im doing it this year but have to do a week long maths coarse was wondering how hard it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I collected my robes for my graduation today and I start my new course Monday week!!

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    I collected my robes for my graduation today and I start my new course Monday week!!

Woo! What is your new course? :)

Anyone else having serious trouble in paying for the accommodation?

You see I have to pay 2,090 for the 1st installment, I have 5,000 in my account but the most I can pay online at any one time is 1,500 according to AIB. So, I got my Mam to ring Permanent TSB (my parents bank) and they have the same policy, 1,500 at one time. But, the online payment site won't let you pay it in two installments.

I then rang the residence office yesterday and today, who told me that I have my place because I paid my deposit and that she'd get some woman in Accounts to call me and organise that I can pay my 1st rent amount in 2 installments over the phone.

The accounts person was meant to ring yesterday, got no call. Then she was meant to call this morning, no call. So I rang the College AGAINand they told me they haven't seen the Accounts woman since Thursday.. :confused:

I really need to pay my rent like, I hope this won't affect me checking in on Sunday, but if I can't pay it I won't be able to move in.. ugh.

Anyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Woo! What is your new course? :)

M Sc in Climate Change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lorhickey

Hey everyone,

I have booked accommodation in a four bedroom apartment in Rye Hall but now a lot of people are saying they heard its a dump and its known as 'dry hall'. Can anyone tell me what its really like? Are the 7 bedroom apartments worse than the 4 bedroom apartments ?

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

lorhickey wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I have booked accommodation in a four bedroom apartment in Rye Hall but now a lot of people are saying they heard its a dump and its known as 'dry hall'. Can anyone tell me what its really like? Are the 7 bedroom apartments worse than the 4 bedroom apartments ?

Thank you :)

Some of the apartments are dumps, others are grand. There's a lot less parties in Rye than there is in Village or River but at least you'll actually be able to sleep on nights you decide not to go out. 7 bedroom apartments are worse simply because you have to share with 6 other people who often will not mix well together. Sticking 7 people in one apartment is just crazy, it should be 5 at the most. On the plus side you'll be located a whole 60 seconds closer to the lecture halls and you get to live above the snooker hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Is it weird in the past week, I feel like I'm not even excited for college any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

marko93 wrote: »
    Is it weird in the past week, I feel like I'm not even excited for college any more?

I remember being the same, I was so excited from the moment I accepted my offer that I think I sort of tired myself out, if you get what I mean?

Got nervous/excited again, the night before though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I remember being the same, I was so excited from the moment I accepted my offer that I think I sort of tired myself out, if you get what I mean?

Got nervous/excited again, the night before though!

Exactly how I feel, just tired of it. I'll probably end up the same come next Tuesday.

Just curious to see if other people were feeling like this or was I alllll alooone.

I'm really nervous :( It's such a daunting prospect but I'm sure I'll be fine once I get started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

Anyone else having serious trouble in paying for the accommodation?

You see I have to pay 2,090 for the 1st installment, I have 5,000 in my account but the most I can pay online at any one time is 1,500 according to AIB. So, I got my Mam to ring Permanent TSB (my parents bank) and they have the same policy, 1,500 at one time. But, the online payment site won't let you pay it in two installments.

I then rang the residence office yesterday and today, who told me that I have my place because I paid my deposit and that she'd get some woman in Accounts to call me and organise that I can pay my 1st rent amount in 2 installments over the phone.

The accounts person was meant to ring yesterday, got no call. Then she was meant to call this morning, no call. So I rang the College AGAINand they told me they haven't seen the Accounts woman since Thursday.. :confused:

I really need to pay my rent like, I hope this won't affect me checking in on Sunday, but if I can't pay it I won't be able to move in.. ugh.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I was having the same problem too. I was getting really worried because I wasn't able to pay it in full. When we called them, a girl named Elizebeth helped us out straight away. She said that you can give your details over the phone or you can post a cheque to the accounts department. This is was they recommend for people with grants too as Maynooth are completely fine with you paying monthly.

Hope this helped :)

Advertisement