Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

Hi guys! Is am just trying to look at my timetable online but the 'modules' options are not making any sense!! Any one else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

Anybody know what the story with paying the fees for registration for !st years is? Do we pay it online before the actual registration days next week, or do we pay it there on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Stars123 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Is am just trying to look at my timetable online but the 'modules' options are not making any sense!! Any one else have this problem?

Yeah i couldn't make head or tail of it. Any help welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Toshi101 wrote: »
    Yeah i couldn't make head or tail of it. Any help welcomed!

What's your problem and we can try and sort it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 surenow

RachEnnis wrote: »
    Anybody know what the story with paying the fees for registration for !st years is? Do we pay it online before the actual registration days next week, or do we pay it there on the day?

I was up in Maynooth monday and tuesday for mature student orientation. We were told that if you have been approved for the grant to bring the letter from susi, pay the 97 student levy and you will be registered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

i may have left this a bit late.
    But i have yet to recieve anything from maynooth other than, your required to pay for the student contribution. Should i have not recieved something else? registration pack or details telling me when for example registration is etc? i've had a quick flick through their site and know its next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

surenow wrote: »
    RachEnnis wrote: »

I was up in Maynooth monday and tuesday for mature student orientation. We were told that if you have been approved for the grant to bring the letter from susi, pay the 97 student levy and you will be registered.

What's the 97 student levy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

plumpote wrote: »
    What's your problem and we can try and sort it :)

The actual codes for the modules on my course are different to the codes being displayed on the timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 surenow

FinnD wrote: »
    What's the 97 student levy?

There is a €97 student levy/contribution to be paid for students that qualify for the grant or not. So has to be paid either way. We were told that if you have the letter from susi saying you qualify for the grant you can pay the €97 and they will register you. If you don't have that or the money to register you have untill 31st October, but obviously it is better to pay as soon as you can.

Page 12 has the info on the student levy. http://international.nuim.ie/sites/international.nuim.ie/files/Student%20Handbook%202012-2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

The thing is, very few if any people have been approved by SUSI for a grant yet. I've sent in my documents they requested but it could be ages again they give me my approval.

Do we go ahead and pay the €2347 even if we are still waiting on the grant to come through? Do we get refunded the €2250 if we do qualify for the grant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Boeing777 wrote: »
    The thing is, very few if any people have been approved by SUSI for a grant yet. I've sent in my documents they requested but it could be ages again they give me my approval.

Do we go ahead and pay the €2347 even if we are still waiting on the grant to come through? Do we get refunded the €2250 if we do qualify for the grant?

I'd pay it if I were you and were able to, its alot of hassle not having a student card and yeah it gets refunded once the grant comes through !! :D

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I'd pay it if I were you and were able to, its alot of hassle not having a student card and yeah it gets refunded once the grant comes through !! :D

Grand, thanks for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DerekG87

lisar816 wrote: »
    DerekG87 wrote: »
    How are ya man, I'll be studying Science, coming in as a 'mature' student!.. Was in having a scope at d apartments today, they seem decent enough, could do with an owld flatscreen though!
    Did you come through access? just im doing it this year but have to do a week long maths coarse was wondering how hard it is!

Hey, i came through the cao but asked could i take that maths course just because i haven't opened a maths book in 6yrs!.. The course i did was about a month ago and was handy enough, ends with a 20 question test on things ya cover within the course,nothing out of d ordinary!.. I have the test but i dont know if i can post it on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

If you can't post it, could you possibly send it to me via PM. It would be a big help. Maths is the one thing i am dreading, coming back after a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

hey guys if anyone is stuck for a room let me know !! i know a guy who has a room up for grabs !! double bed and ensuite , very clean and just a 20 min walk to the college, if anyone is interested pm me !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

hey guys if anyone is stuck for a room let me know !! i know a guy who has a room up for grabs !! double bed and ensuite , very clean and just a 20 min walk to the college, if anyone is interested pm me !

Hi Shane :pac: Guess who? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

GarIT wrote: »
    Hi Shane :pac: Guess who? :cool:

haha hello gareth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

So we pay the full fee up there on registration, if we haven't got anything from SUSI yet, or do we have to have if payed before we go up for registration?
    This whole thing is so confusing!

Everybody should have got a letter Stating that you HAVE to pay the first installment of 1222 euro BEFORE registration. The second half has to be paid in January. They give you a username (your cao no.) and a 7 digit password to pay online. If Susi grant you the free fees then you will be refunded the 1222.

Everybody should have got a letter Stating that you HAVE to pay the first installment of 1222 euro BEFORE registration. The second half has to be paid in January. They give you a username (your cao no.) and a 7 digit password to pay online. If Susi grant you the free fees then you will be refunded the 1222.

Ok, but why does it say in the student handbook that first years will receive a bank giro? That web page that you log on to is titled "Online payment for registered students" or something to that effect. We're not registered yet. I'm so confused about it all.. :o:pac:

EDIT: Apologies if I come across as a broken record. I'm beginning to annoy myself.. :\

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »

Ok, but why does it say in the student handbook that first years will receive a bank giro? That web page that you log on to is titled "Online payment for registered students" or something to that effect. We're not registered yet. I'm so confused about it all.. :o:pac:

EDIT: Apologies if I come across as a broken record. I'm beginning to annoy myself.. :\

The letter i got also states that you should bring your Susi reference number (13 digits) to registration and that if you are granted free fees then your registration fee will be refunded.

I'd rather pay than risk losing a place on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aine4444

Hey, anyone else staying in Village Apartments? I'm in apartment 1..?

Also, is it too early to head down Sunday or are any of ye heading down then? Don't wanna be all alone in Maynooth :L settling in for a few days sounds like a good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

has anyone else not received their information packs? I still haven't gotten mine and have no way of paying my fees that are due tomorrow. Stressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

murphyyy wrote: »
    has anyone else not received their information packs? I still haven't gotten mine and have no way of paying my fees that are due tomorrow. Stressing!

I got mine Monday? I really think you should ring the college admissions office and find out what's going on!

Paid my fees online just there. Everything better be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

I got mine Monday? I really think you should ring the college admissions office and find out what's going on!

I've tried ringing and they just have an automated message. :( this isn't goooood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I don't know whether to pay the fees or not, SUSI say my application is being processed, but I want a student card because I'll save a lot on the bus and I should be able to get enough together to pay the fees. Whats the latest you can pay them?

murphyyy wrote: »
    I've tried ringing and they just have an automated message. :( this isn't goooood

Best bet is to email them. I didn't get mine on Monday, emailed them and finally got it on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a letter to say that my grant application has been approved, pending some documentation of my claim. So I've sent the documentation needed, but haven't heard anything back. I can't really afford to pay the fees out of my own pocket right now, even if they would be refunded down the line, so should I just bring that letter and pay the Student Contribution?

I should probably just e-mail the fees and grants office about this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Parrot101

Aine4444 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone else staying in Village Apartments? I'm in apartment 1..?

Also, is it too early to head down Sunday or are any of ye heading down then? Don't wanna be all alone in Maynooth :L settling in for a few days sounds like a good idea :)

hi! i'm in the village apartments too! :D
    I was thinking of heading down sunday! :)

Advertisement