Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

marko93 wrote: »
    With the disrespect shown from her, I don't think I mind calling her a bloke.

Also, what would ye need to be doing to obtain a ban hammer :3

:cool:

You don't ask to be one anyways, that seems to be the most important rule :D also what JP said.

Are all the newbies looking forward to starting? This time next week you'll all be NUIM students!! Hope to see a few of you at the beers on Tuesday so we can corrupt introduce you to Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I believe we can exchange beers, when such a time arises :cool: ;)
    Bribery will get you nothing.... it will however get me drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Seren_ wrote: »
    :cool:

You don't ask to be one anyways, that seems to be the most important rule :D also what JP said.

Are all the newbies looking forward to starting? This time next week you'll all be NUIM students!! Hope to see a few of you at the beers on Tuesday so we can corrupt introduce you to Maynooth.
    I wasn't asking

>_>

<_<
    Can't wait to start :D Might have to miss beers though ;___;
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    Bribery will get you nothing.... it will however get me drunk

I wasn't even bribing, pfffft, just being nice.

I wasn't asking

>_>

<_<

I wasn't even bribing, pfffft, just being nice.

So do i get the drink or not :P

ALSO FIRST YEARS, YOU'RE NEARLY HERE. BUY SOME JOHN GREEN NOVELS AND START WAXING LYRICALLY ABOUT LIFE

With the disrespect shown from her, I don't think I mind calling her a bloke.

Also, what would ye need to be doing to obtain a ban hammer :3
    I wasn't asking

>_>

<_<

*bans*

are you not coming 'cause I'm jealous of your and JP's blossoming relationship??? ;_________;

• Advertisement

*bans*

are you not coming 'cause I'm jealous of your and JP's blossoming relationship??? ;_________;
    that is the second time you quoted that particular post :P

ALSO FIRST YEARS, YOU'RE NEARLY HERE. BUY SOME JOHN GREEN NOVELS AND START WAXING LYRICALLY ABOUT LIFE
    Yes, eventually. I'll buy some cans and just throw them at you. Be great.

*bans*

No, because I foolishly forgot to save money ;___;

that is the second time you quoted that particular post :P

I don't even know how that happened! I didn't even quote it :pac:

I don't even know how that happened! I didn't even quote it :pac:
    Dark Layout is screwing with you i'ld say :P
    Yes, eventually. I'll buy some cans and just throw them at you. Be great.
    You've changed man, you used to be cool...remember two posts ago? those were the days
    OT
    How excited is everyone for starting at statistically the best university in Ireland that i've attended?

You've changed man, you used to be cool...remember two posts ago? those were the days
    OT
    [/SIZE]
    Fine, I'll buy you 4 cans of Lindin Village for a 5er and have them cooled and ready to consume and hand them to you!

OT.

THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.

• Advertisement

Fine, I'll buy you 4 cans of Lindin Village for a 5er and have them cooled and ready to consume and hand them to you!

OT.

THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.
    i'ld question that order

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EWong

P.K wrote: »
    i may have left this a bit late.
    But i have yet to recieve anything from maynooth other than, your required to pay for the student contribution. Should i have not recieved something else? registration pack or details telling me when for example registration is etc? i've had a quick flick through their site and know its next week.

Yeah you're definitely not on your own. I haven't gotten anything yet and I live five minutes away from the college. I emailed the admissions people last week and they said they were having a lot of problems with the post this year, they said they sent another info packet out but I still haven't gotten anything. Really annoying.

i'ld question that order

Do you want them or not? >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

EWong wrote: »
    Yeah you're definitely not on your own. I haven't gotten anything yet and I live five minutes away from the college. I emailed the admissions people last week and they said they were having a lot of problems with the post this year, they said they sent another info packet out but I still haven't gotten anything. Really annoying.

haven't got mine either! seriously annoying.

Do you want them or not? >_>
    i do, but hand and then consume, not the other way around... :P

#theartofpedantics

i do, but hand and then consume, not the other way around... :P

#theartofpedantics

I said I'd have them ready to consume and then hand them over. >_>

I said I'd have them ready to consume and then hand them over. >_>
    i know but i read it like I'd have them ready to (consume and then hand them over) :P

again pedantics

also to the folks regarding the info packets yet to arrive, ring the office again tomorrow morning and explain you're worried about not getting it in time

murphyyy wrote: »
    haven't got mine either! seriously annoying.

It's pretty goddamn irritating, isn't it? I mean I thought I'd definitely get one cause I'm so close to the college but yeah apparently not. I'd advise anyone who hasn't gotten their package yet to give the admissions people a ring and ask them about it.

It's pretty goddamn irritating, isn't it? I mean I thought I'd definitely get one cause I'm so close to the college but yeah apparently not. I'd advise anyone who hasn't gotten their package yet to give the admissions people a ring and ask them about it.

yep! i rang them and emailed them today. nothing, hopefully i'll get some sort of reply tomorrow or maybe it'll actually come in the post..

yep! i rang them and emailed them today. nothing, hopefully i'll get some sort of reply tomorrow or maybe it'll actually come in the post..

Ah that could have been because there were graduations on yesterday and today I think. Try again tomorrow and hopefully someone might actually be able to help you. I've gotta say, I mean I really like maynooth and the uni but jesus it's so annoying not having received anything yet.

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the 'Looking for Alaska' John Green or someone else? :)

Are you talking about the 'Looking for Alaska' John Green or someone else? :)
    The one and only, a fan i hope?

A ridiculously big fan of his, whenever he or Hank are in England I make sure to travel over to see them and goddammit I will eventually save enough money to go to VidCon to see them. Nice to know there are people with really good taste in literature at Maynooth anyway!

John Green is amazing. Ripped my heart apart with The Fault in Our Stars.

A ridiculously big fan of his, whenever he or Hank are in England I make sure to travel over to see them and goddammit I will eventually save enough money to go to VidCon to see them. Nice to know there are people with really good taste in literature at Maynooth anyway!
    you, EWong, have remembered to be awesome :D

Ah that could have been because there were graduations on yesterday and today I think. Try again tomorrow and hopefully someone might actually be able to help you. I've gotta say, I mean I really like maynooth and the uni but jesus it's so annoying not having received anything yet.

Ahh I see. I didn't know they were on. Yeah I don't understand why everything has to be so last minute..

you, EWong, have remembered to be awesome :D

ahhh jpcarlow i NEVER forget to be awesome and clearly you don't either! i cannot tell you how thrilled i am i'm not the only nerdfighter that'll be in maynooth. :D

ahhh jpcarlow i NEVER forget to be awesome and clearly you don't either! i cannot tell you how thrilled i am i'm not the only nerdfighter that'll be in maynooth. :D
    there are a few of us we are of a growing number. :D

John Green is amazing. Ripped my heart apart with The Fault in Our Stars.

Oh god, TFiOS really was one of his best novels imho. I cried for nearly the whole book, had to put it away for a few days and then went back and read it again. It's a vicious cycle of fantastic writing and rip your heart out sadness haha!

And yeah it's been painfully last minute for maynooth this year. I don't think they've had this problem before but hopefully your package (and mine) will arrive tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement

there are a few of us we are of a growing number. :D

Ahhhh I'm so delighted I honestly just clapped like a spastic seal. I knew Maynooth was the college for me but really this has just made the thought of starting so much better! :D

Advertisement