Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

EWong wrote: »
    Oh god, TFiOS really was one of his best novels imho. I cried for nearly the whole book, had to put it away for a few days and then went back and read it again. It's a vicious cycle of fantastic writing and rip your heart out sadness haha!

And yeah it's been painfully last minute for maynooth this year. I don't think they've had this problem before but hopefully your package (and mine) will arrive tomorrow! :)

oh it was so incredibly good. i'm gearing up to read it again, it definitely seems like one to read over and over¬

yes fingers crossed for us both! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

murphyyy wrote: »
    John Green is amazing. Ripped my heart apart with The Fault in Our Stars.
    ANOTHER :D fantastic.

TFIOS was so amazing. So fantastically written. It's a must read tbf
    Ahhhh I'm so delighted I honestly just clapped like a spastic seal. I knew Maynooth was the college for me but really this has just made the thought of starting so much better!
    Glad to help, i expect a nerdifighter turn out from you all next tuesday at the Beers

jpcarlow wrote: »

Glad to help, i expect a nerdifighter turn out from you all next tuesday at the Beers

Oh I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone. I was blown away by how good it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EWong

jpcarlow wrote: »

Well I know I'll be there anyway, i can't wait to meet some other nerdfighters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 battalion93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

Well I know I'll be there anyway, i can't wait to meet some other nerdfighters :D

I'll be honest, I've never read those books but I might give them a go. I love that they're so many normal people Well... what I consider normal... like me! :D

I'm not trying to impress you or anything... but I just finished my star wars marathon last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Mspoppins wrote: »
    Hey All

Name: Orla

Course: General Science

Interests: Music, Twitter, Tv, Cinema, Biology, Going out

Anyone staying In studentAccommodationMaynooth btw :D

I am :D when are you moving down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

SUCCESS
    Shinato wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I've never read those books but I might give them a go. I love that they're so many normal people Well... what I consider normal... like me! biggrin.png

I'm not trying to impress you or anything... but I just finished my star wars marathon last night smile.png
    NERDFIGHTERS AHOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

From students who are currently in Maynooth, what's the gender breakdown usually in NUIM as a whole? I never aked at Open days and I was really interested in finding out!

• Advertisement

From students who are currently in Maynooth, what's the gender breakdown usually in NUIM as a whole? I never aked at Open days and I was really interested in finding out!

Everyone's either gay or a girl!! :pac: Its prob 2/3:1 girls:guys

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Everyone's either gay or a girl!! :pac: Its prob 2/3:1 girls:guys
    And what about courses like Law/Business? I presume they're an even mix between lads/girls.

Can anyone link/direct me to the website where you pay the fees? I can't find it! :(

EDIT: Just found it, thanks!

And what about courses like Law/Business? I presume they're an even mix between lads/girls.

no idea , I'm doing biomed and out of 60 of us theres about 10 guys and just looking around the college it seems about the same , I've no idea about the courses etc though !

But hey you don't see the guys complaining ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

I haven't received any information pack from Maynooth and trying to ring admissions but no answer. Anything important in those packs that i need to know? I don't know what the format is for Monday and where to go etc.

Also can't register online for some reason, can't get past stage 1 of the process for some reason :confused:

I haven't received any information pack from Maynooth and trying to ring admissions but no answer. Anything important in those packs that i need to know? I don't know what the format is for Monday and where to go etc.

Also can't register online for some reason, can't get past stage 1 of the process for some reason :confused:

Try call again in abiout 15 mins 1pm-2pm is their lunch hour

aaabbbb wrote: »
    no idea , I'm doing biomed and out of 60 of us theres about 10 guys and just looking around the college it seems about the same , I've no idea about the courses etc though !

But hey you don't see the guys complaining ;)

Wow, i'm just wondering accommodation wise, the chances are it'll be 3-4 girls and then 1 guy in an apartment.. FUN! (Y)

Wow, i'm just wondering accommodation wise, the chances are it'll be 3-4 girls and then 1 guy in an apartment.. FUN! (Y)

Not really since a very small number live on campus it changes things/evens them out a bit I suppose or seemingly anyway !

I haven't received mine either, I emailed admissions and they send they'd send another.
    Here's the online guide for orientation: http://studentservices.nuim.ie/sites/studentservices.nuim.ie/files/documents/Orientation%20Guide.pdf

Did anyone else not receive their fees letter when they got the bank giro? I didn't get one and I am actually so confused because I have no student number and I need it to fill out forms..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I lived on campus in 2006 when I first went to college and in my apartment I was the only girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Did anyone else not receive their fees letter when they got the bank giro? I didn't get one and I am actually so confused because I have no student number and I need it to fill out forms..

I got a fees letter but no bank giro. I then got an email to pay online when I queried how I should pay. Did you get a bank giro? :confused:

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I got a fees letter but no bank giro. I then got an email to pay online when I queried how I should pay. Did you get a bank giro? :confused:

I'm the opposite, got the bank giro but no online paying information. Rang the fees office and said I can pay at registration and not to worry, so I guess I'm doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'm the opposite, got the bank giro but no online paying information. Rang the fees office and said I can pay at registration and not to worry, so I guess I'm doing that.

Oh... right :confused: Why is it a different story for everyone? I was under the impression that I had to pay with a bank giro, then I got a letter to pay online followed by an email. So, I've paid online. I hope I haven't done anything wrong :eek: Getting worried now!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Oh... right :confused: Why is it a different story for everyone? I was under the impression that I had to pay with a bank giro, then I got a letter to pay online followed by an email. So, I've paid online. I hope I haven't done anything wrong :eek: Getting worried now!

I have no idea tbh. It is such a mess. The bank giro I guess is for people who can't pay online or whatever. They seemed to mess a bunch of stuff up in regards to sending things in the post. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you're fine! We have to check in at the fees office after registration anyway so if there was an issue, you'd be able to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

I have no student number and I need it to fill out forms..

Your student number is the same as your CAO number, as in 11345678

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Encie

I'm still waiting to find out if I've been approved for the grant, it says in the letter to bring the "email correspondence from SUSI (indicating your SUSI application number)" but the email I got from SUSI doesnt have my number? Will I just print out my application details separately and bring that too?

but that aside I'm really excited for next week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

For all those who received a letter asking for fees to be paid: the username(CAO number) and the password given(7 digit) can now be used to access moodle and your new email address here https://myce.nuim.ie

I assume this will only work if you have paid the fees. I paid the first portion, 1222 euro. Starting to get more real every day. Better get myself a bag. Those canvas bags i used in the early 90's still around? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Encie

I've paid just the student levy but I can get into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

Encie wrote: »
    I've paid just the student levy but I can get into it!

How do you pay the student levy though? I know the website to use and that but when you're using your credit card, it gives you three options; Examinations, application fees or account fees. (or something like that.) Which one do I use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

Is anyone else having trouble registering?
    I've accepted the rules and regulations for the about the 10th time and it still won't let me go on to step 2.

Advertisement