Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mspoppins

Toshi101 wrote: »
    I am :D when are you moving down?

I think most people move in on Sunday the 9th, I'm heading up Tuesday though :) see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

I know someone who works at SUSI so hopefully she'll process mine super quick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Encie

PowKitty wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble registering?
    I've accepted the rules and regulations for the about the 10th time and it still won't let me go on to step 2.

You can only register online if you're a returning student, if you're just starting you have to register in person.
    Shinato wrote: »
    How do you pay the student levy though? I know the website to use and that but when you're using your credit card, it gives you three options; Examinations, application fees or account fees. (or something like that.) Which one do I use?

I used account fees, application is for post grad applications, and since I'm not paying an exam fee either I went with the third one. Process of elimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

Do you have to have your fees paid to be able to log into your moodle and all that jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

Is any current student in the music soc? If so, what takes place? I was talking to my friend who's going to DCU and apparently their music soc goes abroad to music festivals. Is it similar in NUIM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Encie wrote: »
    yay music people, I'm doing the bmus as well. Out of curiosity, whats your instruments? :)

Hi! :) I'm Emily, 18, going to be joining you both for the Bmus! So that makes 3 of us! I'm a violinist myself, what about the two of you?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Is any current student in the music soc? If so, what takes place? I was talking to my friend who's going to DCU and apparently their music soc goes abroad to music festivals. Is it similar in NUIM?

No trips abroad afaik, they organised stuff like Battle of the Bands, Stars in their Eyes etc Also there is a music ball, didn't go last year though.

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Hi! :) I'm Emily, 18, going to be joining you both for the Bmus! So that makes 3 of us! I'm a violinist myself, what about the two of you?? :D

Hi Emily, I'm Nicole. :) I play guitar, but I'm mostly looking forward to joining the choir!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daniel brennan180

i'm Dan, 19, first year, i'm still looking for accommodation....left it far too late and now i'm homeless. does anyone know of anywhere thats available.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

RachEnnis wrote: »
    Do you have to have your fees paid to be able to log into your moodle and all that jazz?
    Don't think so!

• Advertisement

i'm Dan, 19, first year, i'm still looking for accommodation....left it far too late and now i'm homeless. does anyone know of anywhere thats available.?

Dan have you checked the accommodation threads? in the NUIM forum and the general 3rd level forum? Would you be able to commute for the first few weeks and then see if there's an opening in a house any where?

Not really, i'm from laois some there's no way of commuting.. i'll check out those forums anyway. thanks.:)

Random question (yes, I'm new to Boards!) .... but how do you do the whole "With thanks to" thing? It seems kind of like a fb 'like' to me, but I can't figure out how to use it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LedZeppelin

There's always adverts up around the college noticeboards for people looking for housemates during the year as well if you're still stuck :) or just rent people's couches in exchange for pints :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LedZeppelin

Random question (yes, I'm new to Boards!) .... but how do you do the whole "With thanks to" thing? It seems kind of like a fb 'like' to me, but I can't figure out how to use it? :(

When you look at someone's post, there's a little 'thumbs up' icon on the bottom right, click that it adds your 'Thanks' to the post.

I suppose its just like saying "Thanks!" or generally approving someone's post I guess :)

pints are always a winner

hahaha yeah i havent touched the violin all summer :/

Another violinist! ... That makes 3 of us so far! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

When you reach a certain number of posts (I think it's 10), a little thumbs up button will appear on the bottom right of posts. Welcome to boards - if you've any other questions, ask away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Welcome to boards and welcome to NUIM (the fastest of all the universities)
    You get twice the welcome for doing two awesome things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

From students who are currently in Maynooth, what's the gender breakdown usually in NUIM as a whole? I never aked at Open days and I was really interested in finding out!

coursehub.ie said its 45:55 male:female

Everyone in the college seems to say its 1:3 but thats not really true, although a 3rd year I know (shes tall, blonde and fit) told me that she can't pull in Mantra at all.

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    coursehub.ie said its 45:55 male:female

Everyone in the college seems to say its 1:3 but thats not really true, although a 3rd year I know (shes tall, blonde and fit) told me that she can't pull in Mantra at all.
    Mantra is my last resort for drinking in a maynooth night out. Filled with a combination of pervy pervy guys and handbag weaponiser ladies both of whom have little or no tolerance for alcohol. Go there if you want to interact with the people who use words like CHOON and SWAG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Mantra is my last resort for drinking in a maynooth night out. Filled with a combination of pervy pervy guys and handbag weaponiser ladies both of whom have little or no tolerance for alcohol. Go there if you want to interact with the people who use words like CHOON and SWAG

I actually had an arguement with few of the Leaders on Launchpad about that, I've been around Maynooth all my life and Mantra is always the first place I'd go to. Everyone that's in the college seems to disagree, maybe its different when your with college people.

Encie wrote: »
    Hi Emily, I'm Nicole. :) I play guitar, but I'm mostly looking forward to joining the choir!

Nice! I'm looking foward to joining the Chamber Orchestra myself! :D

GarIT wrote: »
    I actually had an arguement with few of the Leaders on Launchpad about that, I've been around Maynooth all my life and Mantra is always the first place I'd go to. Everyone that's in the college seems to disagree, maybe its different when your with college people.
    Ah but you're young, you are yet to be the grumpy 21 year old nerdfighter i am :P

When you look at someone's post, there's a little 'thumbs up' icon on the bottom right, click that it adds your 'Thanks' to the post.

I suppose its just like saying "Thanks!" or generally approving someone's post I guess :)

Thanks!... I don't appear to have one though... :confused: I have quote, +quote, and quick reply... no green thumb though! :(

Thanks!... I don't appear to have one though... :confused: I have quote, +quote, and quick reply... no green thumb though! :(
    I do believe you have to have a minimum of ten posts to acquire the thanks option

Seren_ wrote: »
    When you reach a certain number of posts (I think it's 10), a little thumbs up button will appear on the bottom right of posts. Welcome to boards - if you've any other questions, ask away :)

Thanks Seren! That makes sense, I suppose! :)

Welcome to boards and welcome to NUIM (the fastest of all the universities)
    You get twice the welcome for doing two awesome things :D

Thanks! :) ... This would definately get a 'thumbs up' ... if I actually had the icon .... *sighs* Some day! :)

Thanks! :) ... This would definately get a 'thumbs up' ... if I actually had the icon .... *sighs* Some day! :)
    good news, you'll be able to thank it when you earn the button. *shameless search for thanks* :P

• Advertisement

I do believe you have to have a minimum of ten posts to acquire the thanks option

Yeah, so I've been told.... -_- Thanks though! :)
    good news, you'll be able to thank it when you earn the button. *shameless search for thanks* :P

Lol! I suppose if I must.... :D

Advertisement