Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

chomps_x wrote: »
    Name: Kelly

Course (hopefully): Computer Science and Software Engineering (Arts)

Interests: Movies, Computers, Reading 50 shades of grey :P and walking my dogs

Any HEAR students doing the same course as me? Oh and btw what's the story for like food during orientation? Do we have to bring our own food and cook it in the apartments or do we get food for free or whats the jazz? I'm a hopeless cook!

Yes you will be fed! There is one day where you have to go and feed your whole apartment on just €10 - there was last year anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Info pack? Were you offered your choice in Round 0 or something?

Yeah I completed a PLC last year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

I was looking on the NUIM website about orientation and stuff, and it stated when registering you needed evidence that you have been given a grant. My question is, if by then you still haven't heard back from SUSI what do you do,or what would the college do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I was looking on the NUIM website about orientation and stuff, and it stated when registering you needed evidence that you have been given a grant. My question is, if by then you still haven't heard back from SUSI what do you do,or what would the college do?

Unfortunately you'll only be provisionally registered until you receive your grant (and fees are paid by it). This means your student card won't be activated, so you won't be able to borrow books from the library. They'll still give you your web access information though.

DB21 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you'll only be provisionally registered until you receive your grant (and fees are paid by it). This means your student card won't be activated, so you won't be able to borrow books from the library. They'll still give you your web access information though.

Thanks! Well I've sent off documents today, so hopefully by orientation I'll be accepted and have evidence :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lnavalin

My daughter has been dreaming about going to Maynooth all year long. She just got her CAO results and she only got 400, less that what she needed to get into the degree she wanted... My question, since I don't really understand the system here, is can she be accepted into the University and then switch into the coursework she really wants? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

If she has applied to do arts then it may be possible for her to change courses in second year if it has the same/similar content in first year. I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm sure someone would be able to help. Maybe start a separate thread on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

She just got her CAO results and she only got 400, less that what she needed to get into the degree she wanted... My question, since I don't really understand the system here, is can she be accepted into the University and then switch into the coursework she really wants? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The CAO offers aren't out until Monday, so she won't know for definite until then if she's got enough points for her course or not. Usually you can change around in arts in second year, as DylanII said, and some courses like science too. You could email the college and ask about switching courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

WOOOOOOOOOOOO. Got 525 in my Leaving Cert. yesterday, 75 points clear off last years cut off for the BBL Law with Business degree! Honnnnnnnnnnnnn the 'Nooth! :D

I got 520 here. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

DB21 wrote: »
    oh i remember this being me in first year :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

jpcarlow wrote: »
    oh i remember this being me in first year :/

All three years so far

2vA1a.png?1313349760

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lnavalin

Great idea and many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Name: Sonia

Course (hopefully): Arts - Anthropology, Sociology and Philosophy

Interests: reading, running, nights out with friends, drawing

Should get my course but will know definitely tomorrow..can't wait!:P

Has anyone done any of my subjects? Did you like it?:P

Lads, is there a social GAA team, thinking of making a come back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

I'm IN! :D
    Awesome...I'll see everyone next month:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anyone know any cheap forms of entertainment in Maynooth? I'm going to need to eat into some funds that I've saved up just to commute to Maynooth until my first grant comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tara.toomey

i just got accepted to media studies, but im taking law as one of my sybjects so if i do well enough ill be going into LLM in second year, but im just wondering if anyone knows if ill have to leep media studies as my other subject or will i be able to keep my other first year subject instead?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Name: Mark

Course: Arts - Computer Science, Law, French :D

Interests: Gaming, Reading, Basketball, Going out

See the rest of you freshers in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Name:Melissa

Course : General science

Interests:Art, Music and going out:D

I shall see you's all there:D excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Name: Niall

Course: Anthropology

Interests: Rugby,poker,Music

So pleased i got in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Spoon_Jockey

Name: Ronan

Course Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry

Interests: Gaming, Swimming and Running

Anybody else here accepted Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

English/History anyone? :)

I'm IN!!! So delighted.

Hope to see you all there!

H'ON DA 'NOOTH!

English/History anyone? :)

I'll be in History :3

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I'll be in History :3
    Yay! Can't wait to start :)

See ya'll peeps in Science :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

Claire

Physchology through arts

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashleigh1994

Name:Ashleigh

Course: Pharmaceutical and biomedical chemistry

Interests:Reading,Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MuireannNiSh

Name: Muireann

Course: Anthropology with Undecided and Undecided

Interests: Reading, wandering, cycling, tweeting, sci-fi, randomly bursting into song, obsessive ranting, anything involving food that doesn't also include sex fetishes, climbing stuff, going out with friends, dog walking, etc.

• Advertisement

Yay! Can't wait to start :)

Neither can I! See you there! :)

Advertisement