Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM compatability (DFI LanParty NF4)

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Having problems with a dfi lanpurty ut nf4 mobo and it not accepting ram :mad:

I have 2x 512mb sticks of high latency ram (2-2-2-2) and two different sticks of 512mb cheap ram.

The mobo hasn't been used for 2 yrs, putting together a pc with parts I've gathered to replace an even older machine for my parents.

Initial boot is fine, however once bios settings are saved, either from within bios or after initial boot, rebooting the machine doesn't work and bios needs to be reset.

The error leds get as far as cpu detected and it hangs on dram detected.

I know the board is notoriously picky with what ram it takes :( but is there away to make it all work together? Can I slacken of the latency in bios, to what if possible?

Advertisement