Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neutering - Costs

• 02-08-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

What would roughly be the average cost of this? I know vets may have different prices so just asking here anyway.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

For dogs male €80-100 female €100-150; cats male €50-80 female €80-110. Ballpark figures here as vets will vary around the country. Also if its a stray cat you should get a significant reduction on this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Anniewho is pretty much spot on. However you can ask family and friends where they got theirs neutered, you never know someone who deals a lot with a certain vet may be able to refer you and you may get a discount. For instance I have one vet who does everything animal, male\female, cat\dog for me for €50 and does the same for friends who I refer to him as I given him a lot of business over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All ourse were done on vouchers; not sure if there are still these around, for disabled and pensioners. There was also a govt scheme for collies to try to curb the over breeding.

The cats were done by the SPCA, free also for the same reason.
    Worth asking around when there is need.

It was very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Galway 11

Also some animal rescue centres have a subsidised neutering scheme if you are on a social welfare payment.

Advertisement